GO!

Catster Survey Results

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

Andre

distinguished- gentleman

Purred: Sat Apr 4, '09 2:42pm PST 
Ok cats sorry it took so long but here are the results from the Catster survey that we posted way back in January. We are cross-posting results. If you posted the survey link in any of your groups that our family does not belong to feel free to repost the results. Thanks to everycat that participated.

A total of 227 surveys were completed.
97% of respondent were female
Most were college graduates (42%) or had some college (27%)
Over half reported that they were married (54%)
The average age for the entire group of respondents is 44
The average number of cats per respondent was nearly 4 (3.87)
The average number of profiles per respondent was approximately 6
The largest percent of respondents have been on Catster for 2-3 years (29%)
A whopping 98% belong to groups on Catster
The largest percent of people spend between 5 and 14 hours per week on Catster (35%)
67.3% belong to other social networking sites
The largest percent of people spend 0-4 hours per week on these other sites (30%)
The measure for Sense of Virtual Community was scored on a scale from 1 to 4 and the average score for the entire group of respondents was a whopping 3.43!! Wow you guys really love Catster!

If you have any questions, comments or want to know more about the project you can pmail me or email my mom directly at jzl144@psu.edu
happy dance
[notify]

Pepper

Queen of the- Cheetahs and- Wiggy's Wife!

Purred: Sat Apr 4, '09 10:35pm PST 
Thank you Andre and Mom for thinking of us, including us, and hope you scored a whopping A+!
[notify]

Andre

distinguished- gentleman

Purred: Sun Apr 5, '09 6:47am PST 
He he thanks Pepper- actually mom is still writing the paper! We sure hope she gets done soon so she can spend some more time on Catster and spend some more time with me and my brofurs!
[notify]