GO!

Human Relations--HowYour People Talk

(Page 12 of 29: Viewing entries 111 to 120)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  [Last 10 entry]  
Tiki

Here comes- trouble

Purred: Tue Dec 6, '05 10:56pm PST 
I'm with Lemur . . . mom says I never hush!!
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '06 10:36am PST 
Yoo-hoo! Here kitty kitties! Where did you guys go, this is an awesome topic!
Mommy also reads books about cats (understatement of the century!) and she read Sonya Fitzpatrick's (the famous Animal Planet's Pet Psychic) book and another book about communicating with us telepathically.
She's tried it. Many times. She's tried meditating, finding her "power animal" (a large, wild cat) and weird breathing techniques.
Weird, huh?
She didn't have to do all that! I communicate through my eyes and the way I carry myself, and since I don't meow or squeak much, I also use purrs and other facial expressions.
I can also tell how she is feeling and emotions and all that jazz. Although, when she cries, I don't lick her tears away, although she thinks I should. I sometimes paw at her shoulder or sit on her lap to show her that I'm there for her. Although, when she cries I get a little scared, so sometimes I keep my distance. Sometimes.
Now, when she is mad, especially at me, I know from the way she "is" and the way she talks. She tells me "Squeakers, get down from there!" and I can tell by the tone of her voice that she is not happy with me, but I ignore her anyway. I don't want her to get too cocky, thinking she owns the place, and me!
I run the show at our house! She's just there to pay bills and rent and to pet me, feed me and clean the litter box.
I am her Mommy, teacher, psychologist, nurse, masseuse, and all around pain in her neck!
And lovin' it!
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '06 1:48pm PST 
Hi, Squeakers -- we're still here. Glad you stopped in.

Mom considers me her nurse, 'cause I always stay close to her when she's sick. But there are times I don't coddle her. It's like, "Hey, Mom -- get over it!"

Then, again, sometimes when she is sick, she just wants to be left alone, so I know to leave her alone.

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '06 1:53pm PST 
Squeakers,

What is this "power animal" thing? Is that something like the American Indians have where you meditate while outdoors and the first animal you see is your animal? It doesn't have to be a big animal either. It could be a little frog or something small.

Furever my love

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '06 3:24pm PST 
Yep, pretty much. The human is supposed to relax, with no tv or radio on (impossible!) breathe in and blow out and relax until they see "a white light" or something. Then, they're supposed to imagine themselves walking outside and to stop and even try to smell the air around them or something, and the first animal (no matter what species it is) would be their power animal, or contact in order to try to telepathically communicate with us.
Sounds WAY too complicated for me! I don't think it works very well for Mommy either.
Then, in one of those many blasted books she read, it says how to communicate with animals by doing a religious "chant" thing. One lady and her husband said "HU-U-U-U" and chanted/sang it. I think it was religious thing. And after a while, their cats started doing it with them!
Way too freaky for me. I'd rather send an email to my Mommy!
[notify]

Furever my love

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '06 3:32pm PST 
Oh yeah, before I leave. . . .
That book that had the thing about the power animal was The Complete Idiot's Guide To Pet Psychic Communication.

Purrs and headbutts everyone!
Squeak-squeak
[notify]

Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '06 5:35pm PST 
Hi, Squeakers!
Well, maybe we're back in business...this is one of those "think" topics that never gets old or goes away, hmmm?

We -- or the cat mother - don't have an animal totem or even a 'power" animal. We know what you mean, Apollo and Athena, about the Native American or other culture's personal animals, though. And, from what we hear, it can be small...like a lizard, hmmm? Isn't it interesting that cats are always shown as witches' mediums or so they used to think?
[notify]

Sasha

I am beautiful- and I know it.

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '06 9:14pm PST 
My mom talks to me all the time asking me for advice. She hugs me when she is sad. She does the same to my brother Eli. Sometimes I don't want to hear it but other times I love it because it means She cares for us.
[notify]

Furever my love

Purred: Tue Jan 17, '06 3:50pm PST 
Hi kitties!
I've been hiding 'cuz Mommy wasn't feeling good and was in bed all day yesterday.
I was her nurse, though. Checking up on her every once in a while and sleeping on the end of her bed.
Though it's hard to watch her when she has a seizure! That's scary. Hope none of you have to go through that!

Squeaks, purrs and sandpaper kisses!
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya

Purred: Tue Jan 17, '06 10:04pm PST 
I hope not, Squeakers! We get nervous if mom has only a coughing episode.

Did you see on TV the cat that dialed 911 when his purrrrrrson was unconscious? He knocked the phone off the hook and hit the speed button for 911. Now is that communicating?

(Page 12 of 29: Viewing entries 111 to 120)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  [Last 10 entry]