GO!

COOLEST NAMES

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cinnabar- Flambeau

Resident Bad- Boy...Oh yeah!

Purred: Thu Feb 28, '13 7:44am PST 
A Cinnabarism
Ah was readin’ an article on Catster about popular and trendy names for felines. There were also a few lines about names that are no longer popular.
Now y’all know that Ah am all about cool in fact Ah like to be address as your Coolness…. ( Cairo jes choke on his Iams when his big Siamese ears heard that.)
Mah name was not on either list and Ah have to say Ah was a tad annoyed. Mah persimmon tail started to twitch and mah whiskers got into a twist… After all we all are proud of our names.
So mah furry friends if your name didn’t appear on the popular or trendy list. Jes remember a quote from old Will, What’s in a name; a rose by any other name would smell as sweet… Which means; what matters is what somethang is not what it’s called.
We are proud, magnificent felines of all colors, descriptions and breeds, whatevah we are named the names are very special to us.
It was a very interesting article and after a great deal of thought… Or exercisin’ mah little grey cells … Ah surmised we should start a list of the coolest cat names. Ah hope y’all agree…
Heah goes

COOLEST NAMES

Cinnabar Flambeau
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Thu Feb 28, '13 6:42pm PST 
wave Hi Cinni! wave     You have one of the coolest names ever!

I think mine is cool, too:

Beepers
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Thu Feb 28, '13 10:02pm PST 
This is Delyte. Nobody ever has my name, and I was named after a real person, but I have no idea why he was so named. He was the president of the univwrsity where my person worked and the library where I was found was named after him. Also I was considered to be quite a "delightful" kitten, although now I am an old grump.

I think all of my fellow kitties' names are on the list, as they are very boring. My person ran out of ideas. cat on moon
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Fri Mar 1, '13 4:02am PST 
Hey Beepers, love your name! My name is Beep! I have never met another Beep or a Beepers! It's kind of cool having such a unique name.
[notify]

Taffy AKA- "Turd- Ferguson"

Loverboy

Purred: Fri Mar 1, '13 4:05am PST 
My human kid named me when she was 9 and I was a stray kitten outside. She thought for sure I was a girl kitty and thought Taffy sounded like a cute little girl kitty name. Then she found out I was a boy and mom wanted to change my name to a tougher sounding name, but she refused. I do have the nickname "Turd Ferguson", but mom is not sure WHY daddy and the other teenage kid started calling me that. I do poop when I'm scared, it could be part of the reason why. thinking
[notify]

Cinnabar- Flambeau

Resident Bad- Boy...Oh yeah!

Purred: Fri Mar 1, '13 10:35am PST 
Mah goodness fellow felines y’all have very unique and cool names! Mah whiskers are tingling with happiness. This was much fun for me.

Deylite brought of an interesting point of why he was given this name, it would be fun to learn how the rest of y’all got your cool names…

Mine came from the fact that Ah am a flame point. Cinnabar is a red mineral and Flambeau is an old French word for flame. Voilà Red Flame!
Mama thought it was a purfect fit for mah purrsonality.
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Fri Mar 1, '13 8:43pm PST 
Beepers is my nickname. It was derived in a roundabout way from my official 'registered' name of 'Meet Joe Black.' That's a movie starring Brad Pitt, and I was called BP - for Brad Pitt - for a while. Then I moved to a different home/owner -- she changed BP to Beepers. When I was adopted again after that, my (current) mom and dad liked the name Beepers, so they continue to call me that.

I don't know why my original owners (breeders) named me Meet Joe Black. shrug

Beep, how did you get your name?
[notify]

RADDY (my- heart's- darling)

I am still my- Meouwmy's- Beloved....

Purred: Sat Mar 2, '13 3:24am PST 
Dear Ones....Halloooooo...!! Well, it is me here...!! Grandad Joseph Conrad...and no, I am not here to tell you why that is my name (although 'thereby hangs an interesting tail'.....) No, I am here to tell you (part of) the strange story of that Mighty Warrior 'Cuchulain Cavmere'.....so grab a mousepie....and gather round......

Once upon a time (some 11 years ago) my Meouwmy and the male human went all the way to Solihull to look at some British Blue Pedigree Shorthair kitlings....and they were beautiful and they were clean and their Mum and them (just two kitlings) were in a sunny, lovely room...and they were playing...and the Meouwmy said: 'I want THAT one....!! Gosh, he is a big bugger...!!' And it was the Mighty Cuchulain Cavmere....!!

The Meouwmy called him 'Cuchulain' (a mythical Irish Warrior/Hero) because she was DESPERATE that he should grow up big and strong...(this relates to the other part of the story which was dark and frightening and really horrible and sad).....

Anyway, they went back to Solihull when 'Cuchulain' was three months old and they took him home with them....and he was SO CROSS....gawd, he was cross...!! Moaning and swearing and muttering and giving them evil looks.....!!

But he got used to them and to his life in his forever home.....and he was, and is still, a very happy fellow.....

Now....this is the funny bit...the Meouwmy and the male human had spent the two months since they first saw him, talking about him, and how wonderful he would be and how big and strong....he was their 'Mighty Hero, Cuchulain'.....the Meouwmy remembers many Friday evenings...sitting in the car outside the Fish-and-Chip Shop, waiting for their fish supper to be ready....and talking about the Wonderful Cuchulain Cavmere who was coming to share their life with them....and the Meouwmy ached in her heart for him....They got him...!! And he was WONDERFUL....but the sadness in the Meouwmy for what had gone before spoiled his kitlinghood....but he was SO loved, in spite of it.....

well...enough faffing around...!! Sorry...!! But the Meouwmy LOVES this story and it makes her happy to tell it.....

He was CUCHULAIN.....!! A WARRIOR/HERO...!! A little while after they got him they found out that 'Cuchulain' was pronounced (in Irish) 'Coo-hulan'....so 'Coo-hulan' he became....!! And then 'Coolan' and then.....yes.....'Colin'.....!!

He is now 'Colin'.....but in his heart...in his heart....he is.......?
[notify]

Colin

I am DEFINITELY- the big cheese- now......

Purred: Sat Mar 2, '13 3:26am PST 
Yes....that's me...!! Have a look at my piccies? Colin xxx
[notify]

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Sat Mar 9, '13 11:57am PST 
I think my name is pretty cool and pretty to! The neighbors got my brother and they wanted to name us coinciding names but she didn't like any of the choices they came up with (she was NOT going to name me Puss or Boots and they didn't like Tinker! Get it? TinkerBELLE?laugh out loud ) I definatly do NOT look like a Nahla either and since that was Simba's GIRLFRIEND in the movie that was a no go for mom MOL!

Mom just had a sudden urge to name me Belle. She had no idea why but a few weeks ago upon doing "Titanic" research (mom LOVES anything "Titanic") she it hit her (FINALLY!) that I was born on the 100th Anniversary of when the ship hit the iceberg! There was a Joseph Bell (no E at the end) on board as the ships engineer and so now mom says that I was named in his memory.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2