GO!

What kind of cats were Sherman & Shelby?

Sherman (In Loving Memory)

Cheese Puffs!!!

Purred: Sun Jul 11, '10 10:14am PST 
Can someone please help me by checking out their pictures and determining what breeds they were? Shelby is the tri-colored cat and Sherman is the striped one. I am guessing that Shelby was a Maine Coon and Sherman was a Domestic Shorthair, but I was kinda wanting that confirmed.

Thanks, ♥ Sherm and Shelb little angel

Edited by author Sun Jul 11, '10 10:14am PST

[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sun Jul 11, '10 2:47pm PST 
my guess is you're right on with Shelby, an indigenous maine coon-and a beauty. as for Sherman-do you know if they were actual siblings? because it's possible for them to have different fathers, and if so for Sherman to have some indigenous MC blood. i'm looking at the eye shape, the size, and the fluff of that tail. basically i'd call him a moggy-but are you sure he's not at least a medium hair? he looks so fluffy! beautiful babies, and it looks like between your family and their "retirement home" they had a great life.
[notify]

Sherman (In Loving Memory)

Cheese Puffs!!!

Purred: Sun Jul 11, '10 9:36pm PST 
Hi Kaya Skye! You are a very pretty kitty smile

Thanks for the response! We were pretty sure that Shelby was a Maine Coone, but were just checking to see what the other Catsters thought. We were nearly positive that Sherman was Domestic Shorthair, but looking at his hair length and, of course, his tail, it does look as if he did have some fluff!

I checked in to Domestic Medium Hairs, and looked at their pictures here on Catster. I think your right about Shermy being a Medium Hair. To answer your question about Sherman and Shelby being siblings; no. We bought them seperatley. They were different ages.

Anyways, thanks SO much for your help! We glad that you caught that about Sherman's tail. It does look fluffy. We'll change Short Hair to Medium Hair on their page. Purrs!
[notify]