GO!

Any help for the pain of loss that will not go away?

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Sat Jul 3, '10 9:17am PST 
It's us here, Jan and Tambolina.......

It is coming up to the time when Grandad Conrad went last year.......we have been reading the threads about Grandad......they are wonderful but also so, so painful and we CAN understand the joy and the pain....they are beautiful........

BUT people and pussycats, people and pussycats DO NOT REMEMBER......is this how it has to be?......how the whole of life (and death) HAS to be? ie...'it was there, it was great, now it has gone'

I do suppose it HAS to be like that.......we (as living creatures) could not survive otherwise.......but, for me, re: Grandad Conrad......I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LET HIM GO IN MY HEART......in my heart we are still in July 2009 and he is dying.......

Freaky?.....probably.....but, please don't try to soothe me with the Rainbow Bridge or the Summerlands......just tell me THE TRUTH........

Jan (and Tambolina)
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Jul 3, '10 10:59am PST 
It's Delyte and Shelley here. The pain never really goes away, but it fades and takes up a smaller and smaller part of your mind. Our person was just thinking last night of her sweet doggie, who died more than 16 years ago. They went everywhere together, and every time she sees a dog on TV or outside, she thinks painfully of her dog. Lately she has been trying to wrap her mind around how she will feel about me when I go, which might be soon, and wondering if she can deal with all of that pain again.

Anniversary times are the worst, and you can't help thinking of the lost one. You should try to take comfort in that it is not 2009 and Grandfather Conrad is no longer in pain, wherever you believe he is. He had such a long and happy life, so he can't help but be a memorable kitty to everyone--but especially to you. Saddest purrs to you at this still very sad time ...

We know that other things are going on with you and your household right now, but getting a kitten is still one of the best ways to push the pain back to a tinier segment of your mind. A sweet perfectly beautiful black kitty is the best, we think! wink
[notify]

â™”Jeepurrs- Creepurrsâ™”

Her Royal- Majesty - off with his- head!!!

Purred: Sat Jul 3, '10 5:35pm PST 
Dear Jan and Tambolina,
I think Delyte is right, the pain of losing a loved one never does go away completely.
I still cry sometimes for cats that I lost many years ago. I loved them and still do. Anniversary times are the hardest, but with time the pain slowly becomes less.
When the feelings over-whelm you, I think you need to think about the wonderful cats who still surround and need your love and attention.
I hope you feel better soon, sweetie.
Best hugs and purrs~
Meohmy and Ms Jeepie Creepie
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Sun Jul 4, '10 4:18am PST 
Tambi and Jan: We agree, the hurt and pain of loss do not go away, they just get easier to deal with. On August 29th it will be the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, and the fifth anniversary of my loosing my four cats int he storm.

It should be of some comfort to you that Grandad Conrad had a long and wonderful life with you. Of course, no matter how long (or short) we are owned by our feline family members, it hurts to loose them. We all understand Tambi and Jan......

The New Orleans Kitties

P.S. Lord Peter thinks Miss Tambolina is STUNNING in her gown......applause
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Sun Jul 4, '10 7:03am PST 
Dear Delyte.....indeed, you ARE a delight and a wonderful friend.....

Miss Jeepie Creepie.....yes, you make me remember and be grateful for the dear cats that I still have....thank you.....

Faye and New Orleans kitties.....I know that the babbies that you lost to the hurricane are often in your thoughts....thank you for understanding.....

Today we went to the Cats' Protection Garden Fete (held yearly).....it was WONDERFUL.....so many cat loving, kind people to talk to, so many home-made cakes to eat and to buy, so many stalls selling second hand stuff to look through......the Cats' Protection always have WONDERFUL catnip mice on sale (they are really good, full of catnip, home made and REALLY SAFE for cats).....I bought 12, some for my cats and the rest to send to friends with cats......(when we got home I gave one each to our three and they went potty over them....licking, biting, drooling, kicking....so much fun to watch.......)

We looked at some of the cats and kittens that need homes as well.....there was one kitten....she was named Tatiana....Oh she was sweet.....and a strange colour.....sort of tortie underneath with thick black guard hairs on the top and one little orange paw......and there were so many people around her.....SHE will get a good home, for sure......

Delyte.....We would LOVE to get another kitten, but, although we were both tempted, we CANNOT DO IT......we are both old aged pensioners and it would be irresponsible to get another cat when we can barely afford to have Miss Lillie's teeth looked at (which must happen soon)and have the three innoculated and given their yearly going over.....

So sad....but I have three wonderful cats already and must not be greedy.....

Thank you for your posts......I am feeling better today.....thank you.....

Jan

ps from Tambolina....Miss Faye, Miss Faye......can you tell us what time we have to be at the wedding (our time)? I am very excited and so is Colin, because Miss Kisu has said that she will come to the wedding with him.......

I send a little, shy kiss to Lord Peter.....OOOOhhhhhh, there, I have said it...!!!

T
[notify]

RADDY (my- heart's- darling)

I am still my- Meouwmy's- Beloved....

Purred: Sun Jul 4, '10 8:05am PST 
Ok......the Meouwmy is feeling better today......and ACCEPTS that I am gone.......

NO SHE DOESN'T.....SHE IS TOTALLY FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I AM GONE.....SHE WANTS ME.....AND I AM GONE........

No answers expected.....because there is nothing to say.......

Grandad
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Sun Jul 4, '10 4:59pm PST 
There is nothing freaky about how you're feeling. I lost my Felix in March 2009, and there's not a day that I don't think about him, and miss him and still love him.

I actually went to a pet grief group for a time after Felix passed. And it was so amazing to see how many other people were hurting just as much as I was. Felix was my little soulmate, and that's something that I carry with me every day.

I have to say that adopting Coop was such a good thing for me. But that was just my personal experience. I'm single and I live alone. So coming home to an empty house for the first time ever in my life was dreadful.

I was still grieving when I adopted Coop, but everyone -- from my best friend to our family vet -- encouraged me to adopt again. And Coop kept my mind from my immediate grief. And he also made me realize really quickly that I could love another cat just as much as I loved Felix again.

Like I said, I will never forget Felix. I even had to take a "sick day" on his first Bridge anniversary this year -- I just couldn't do it. And who sat by my side the entire day and just allowed me to pet him while I cried? My little Coopie.

Grief is a hard thing. And just allow yourself to do it. Cry. Laugh. Celebrate him. Do what you have to do. But just permit yourself to do it. That's the best advice I can give.

hug
Major hugs and purrs,
Coop's Mom
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Sun Jul 4, '10 5:36pm PST 
Miss Tambolina: The wedding is 2 PM CATSTER time, which is Pacific Daylight Time. Would have to consult the Internet to see what this corresponds to in England.
Will get back to you with the time in England.

Glad you enjoyed the Cat Fete Janet......sounds like that little kitten will adopt a familiy in no time.

Just got back from a family party for 4th of July. Will post tomorrow morning re wedding time.

Good Night All....

P.S. Peter here.....I am counting the days until I stand by my Miss Tambolina....whose beauty will outshine all...(well, except the bride).
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 5:39am PST 
You will always carry Grandpa Conrad in your heart. The pain of loss never goes away but it does get easier.

Mommy lost her first cat Sissy after 17 years and she still longs to see and hold him again after 5 years - but she remembers she will see him again someday.

Purring for your mom.

xoxoxo

Tambolina

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 7:57am PST 
Lord Peter, my love.......I THINK it will be 7.00pm for us.....is this correct?

kissy-kissy-kissy.....ooooohhhhhhhh

Tambolina
[notify]

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6