GO!

Are (some) cats synonymous with birds of prey?

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Sun Jun 6, '10 9:27am PST 
I am so interested in the fact that the Tambolina has such eyes.....such cold eyes.....such eyes.......she looks like a bird of prey.....she is lovely and loving and gentle and sweet......but her eyes.....her eyes......

I have always wanted to own birds of prey......falcons or hawks......but it has never happened......but the Tambolina......she is something else again.......cold eyes....quiet eyes.....eyes of a hunter.......are there any more out there?

Tell us?

Jan
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Mon Jun 7, '10 4:29am PST 
Have a look at the older picture of Tambi on Grandad Conrad's page and you will see what I mean.......it is very distinctive.....
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Mon Jun 7, '10 6:18am PST 
Seems like all of my cats love to hunt, Louie is the only one who has presented me with mice. With the others it is lizards. But Miss Tambolina does have beautiful eyes.

By the way Tambi,ask your meowmy to check her e-mail....our meowmy sent here a message.

Peter, Lord Fountain of Foo Foo
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Tue Jun 8, '10 9:54am PST 
Dear Lord Peter.......I have been trying to get in touch with your meouwmy's friend........re: the Nuptials......but it keeps coming back......

Little kissykissy for me, please....? There, I have said it......!!!!

Tambolina
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Tue Jun 8, '10 9:59am PST 
Oh, come on, people and pussycats....!!! Some cats have soft eyes (like Colin), some sad eyes (like the Grandad Conrad), some gentle eyes (like Auntie Miss Lillie)......BUT some have fierce, cold eyes.......eyes of a hunter.......

I am sure there are more of you out there with fierce, cold eyes like mine........SO BEAUTIFUL.......

Tambi
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Tue Jun 8, '10 10:16am PST 
Tambi: Our meowmy made an error when she typed in the e-mail address. She sent your meowmy a correted message, in case she did not receive it she will send it again. It is hard on us having such and old and forgetful meowmy. But she DOES remember to keep the cabinet full of cat food, so guess we will keep her.....MOL...

Yours,
Peter, Lord Fountain of Foo Foo
[notify]

April- ♥

Beautiful black- princess.

Purred: Tue Jun 8, '10 1:15pm PST 
My aunty says that I have cold eyes when I look certain ways.
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Wed Jun 9, '10 8:59am PST 
Dear April......yes, you are right.....it is at different angles, or different ways of 'wearing one's eyes'........in your pictures on your home page sometimes you look fierce.....and sometimes you don't........but, whichever way you wear them, you are very beautiful....

I think with Tambi, she MAINLY 'wears her eyes' in a fierce manner.....but she is very gentle and loving, although totally 'up herself'.....

Jan

ps from Tambolina.....No, I am not 'up myself'......it is just that I am beautiful and I accept the fact.....

Tambolina
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Wed Jun 9, '10 10:00pm PST 
here's the thing. no, they're not synonymous with birds of prey. they are predators just as birds of prey are, the birds of prey thing being thrown in there is just confusing.
do cats sometimes have the look of the hunter, the predator? i should hope so, that's what they are. the big cats are top order predators, all felines are consummate predators in whatever environment they are suited for. there is only one bird that i believe qualifies as a top order predator-the phillipine eagle. i could be wrong, does anybody know for sure?
the methods of predation used by birds of prey are not shared by felines of any size. and as birds do not even give live birth, their psychology and sociology is necessarily quite different. but they are both predators, and so i suppose they might both have a...predatory gleam, perhaps, in their eye? but i believe the similarity begins and ends with the fact that they are both predators.
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Thu Jun 10, '10 8:06am PST 
Dear Kaya Skye....you are, of course, right......yes, I accept it....you are generally right......

BUT it is what is in THE HEART....... I have always loved birds of prey and, of course, I have always loved cats......and their eyes....their eyes......not synonymous...but similar.....and both sets of eyes calling to me........cold, the eyes of a fierce hunter, the eyes of a creature formed in EXACTLY the way they need to be to hunt and to exist......

(I think I should have lived in earlier times.......)

Jan (and Tambolina 'The Medusa' of the cat world)
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4