GO!

Does anycat know where we can get a good 'Bottom-Wig'?

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Wed Apr 28, '10 9:44am PST 
We have just been talking to the New Orleans Kitties about Lady Emma's Wedding and I was telling them (especially my beloved Lord Peter) about how I am going to wear my beautiful green 'open' bonnet (ie. my green bonnet with holes for my ears to poke through.........)

But I wondered if anyone has any ideas what we can do for Auntie Miss Lillie........the dear Auntie has nibbled all the fur off of her bum.....!!!!!! She CANNOT go to Lady Emma's wedding like that....!!!!

I have been trying to look up on the internet 'Bottom-Wigs'......I believe they are like nappies (diapers?) and fold over around the back legs and the bum (with a hole for the tail).....the ones I have seen are NOT GOOD.......THEY ARE COVERED IN CURLY BLACK COARSE HAIR.......Miss Lillie does not have curly black hair........she became very depressed, but then I suggested that she get a funny, sparkly, multicoloured one............!!! but I cannot find any..........

Has anycat any ideas on this?

Tambolina
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Wed Apr 28, '10 10:08am PST 
ps....It might come under 'bum-coverers' or even 'arse--ticklers'..........don't know.........

Tambolina
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Apr 28, '10 11:26am PST 
The correct word is "Merkin." I assume that, as you are British, English is your native language. Yes, there are diapers for cats and dogs with holes for the tail, but if you are so keen on getting something snazzy, get out your sewing machine and make it yourself.
[notify]

Louis- Armstrong - ILM

I'm walkin' to- New Orleans.....

Purred: Wed Apr 28, '10 12:01pm PST 
Since Louis Armstrong is shedding his winter coat, and he has black fur the same as Miss Lillie, I can easily fill up a small bag and mail it to you Jan. Even though Louie's fur is long and Miss Lillie's is short, it might appear that she is wearing a fur skirt.

The New Orleans Kitties

Edited by author Thu Apr 29, '10 2:15pm PST

[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Thu Apr 29, '10 7:50am PST 
Dear Faye and New Orleans Kitties..........what an excellent idea......!!! Yes, yes....please send a bag of fur to us.......it really cheered Miss Lillie up and she has started learning how to do a hoola-hoola dance in readiness for her new hoola-hoola fur skirt.........also, if there is enough fur left over she wants to make herself a false moustache and beard, deeming these....I don't quite understand this.....worthy adjuncts to a ladycat's wardrobe........she says she has always wanted one ever since she was a little kitten, and that is why she has been nibbling her fur off.....but it wasn't enough......

ANYWAY now she is very happy, so please send the bag of fur SOON........

Thank you so much, dear pussycats.........

And....and....and........all my love to you, dear Lord Peter......there, I have said it....!!

Tambolina
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Thu Apr 29, '10 10:09am PST 
This is Delyte. Our person should have saved the black fur that came off me when I was at the vets on Tuesday. Enough to make a full dress for Miss Lillie! But very fine texture. We used to have a lady who lived around here who made things out of dog fur--people would give her bags of dog fur from this time of year when all the shedding goes on, and she would spin it into thread and make scarves and hats out of it. Our person's late dog, who had a very thick cream undercoat that all came away in the spring, was a regular contributor. This lady was a cat lady herself, had three or four, but said that she had not found cat fur to be strong enough to spin.

The people and cats at Navin P. Johnson's group might be able to help you, as he was a diaper-wearing cougar and there are some others there. Wouldn't she rather have a lovely spring skirt of green satin? Would look great with her black fur.

To come at it another way, Aldo, the kitty whose person died two years ago and suffered all kinds of adventures, had nibbled his fur off until quite recently, but they now have discovered why he did that and he has grown it back. Your own fur is always best!

Purrs!!
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Fri Apr 30, '10 3:52pm PST 
This is Delyte. Just posting here to see if I can reveal Harvey's post of yesterday, which is still not visible here. Catster has bad spring fleas!

What did you decide to wear, Miss Lillie? With this strange weather here, we can't plan anything too far in advance!
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sat May 1, '10 6:13pm PST 
jan, is this a new habit of miss lillie's? do you know why she does this? kaya has kitty OCD (not making this up), and basically it's an anxiety behavior in her case-and most of her fur has come back...for now. but chewing the hair away could also be a sign of a skin allergy or some form of endocrine imbalance, or...? (i'm not as concerned about the wedding as i am her health-it's NOT normal for a cat to chew their hair off.)
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Sun May 2, '10 5:32am PST 
Oh, Dear People and Pussycats......I wanted to have a laugh about Miss Lillie's hairless state and you are making me be serious.....!!

I have taken her to the vets two or three times....flea allergy, stress.....those seem to be the front runners........the last time I took her (a fortnight ago) they gave her a long lasting injection.....it seems to have helped - she does not seem to have nibbled any more fur away......but she is SO BALD.....and she has funny bald thin bandy legs and a bald floopy-floppy tummy that shows underneath and a bald tail that sticks straight up.......it makes me want to cry.....so the only thing to do is to get her a 'bottom wig' for Lady Emma's Wedding.........

I will take her back to the vets in a week's time (when the injection runs out)......perhaps another injection? I do not know what is wrong with her....her life is no different to make her stressed, and we de-flea her rigorously every month.......what more can I do......?

What she needs is a pretty skirt.....what about the one that Mr Fui Fui wore to the Christmas Party year before last.......? or one of Miss BooBoo's Meoumy's wrap arounds?

Also any thoughts on her longing to nibble her fur away to make a false mustache and beard? Can this be called Pica? So strange.......

Tambolina
[notify]