GO!

I need help picking a cat name!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mister Grey- (Striped- Seven)

TICA M.S. (HHP- Champion)

Purred: Wed Apr 14, '10 6:24pm PST 
Help??
I need a name for Mr Grey's household pet cat show entry! I don't know what to call him as a 'show' name. This will be used as his TICA 'registered' name.

These are my ideas, please tell me which you like best or if you have another name idea:

Mister Grey
Dorian Grey
Ripley Grey
Grey King
Greyfire
Ripley Greyfire

Two of his littermates are already registered HHPs in TICA, their show names are Harlequin and Winterblaze.

Edited by author Wed Apr 14, '10 6:25pm PST

[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sat May 15, '10 12:19pm PST 
i like Dorian Grey...but won't people start to wonder if you've got a picture of him in your attic, and consider that cheating?big grin
[notify]

Lola

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!

Purred: Fri May 21, '10 6:39am PST 
The Household Pets I've seen being shown with the CFA in Japan usually go by totally ordinary names--the Japanese equivalent of Fluffy and Tigger. I, too, like Dorian Grey, although that name sounds a bit...sinister. Show cats tend to have bizarre names. Catteries tend to have bizarre names. My queens are named after evil or at the least unusual historical females from the past. The kittens they produce are named after buildings at Harvard. Harvard has lots of buildings (more than the number of kittens I will ever produce), and their names have that old Bostonian ring to them. Choose the name that seems best to you. It's not the name, but the cat's personality, that's going to win you those ribbons. Best of luck!
wishes
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Fri May 21, '10 6:57am PST 
He's already Mister Grey-- why not let it go at that?
[notify]

Mister Grey- (Striped- Seven)

TICA M.S. (HHP- Champion)

Purred: Sat May 22, '10 9:09pm PST 
Two reasons-- one it sounds a little ordinary and two the judges always make a comment about cats not being grey or about him not being grey when they see/hear his name.
I did not name him after the color grey (he's a brown tabby) I named him after a book character, Mr Gray (he was an alien, the "gray" refers to a type of alien called "grays".)

I ended up going with Greyfire on his registration. I registered his brother Blaze as 'Winterblaze' so they kinda go together... Blaze and Mr Grey as well as their littermate Rosalie and half-brother Church are all named after characters from Stephen King books.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun May 23, '10 5:00pm PST 
Hmm...I see that you're Roxy's Human. I think that any of your name ideas are far better than I can come up with, and I heartily admire any cat name that comes from a Stephen King book. Good luck!
dancing
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sun May 23, '10 9:37pm PST 
my name is from a bob marley song...do you admire me?big grin
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon May 24, '10 1:19am PST 
Of course!
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon May 24, '10 5:10am PST 
Please note that all the Maine Coons in my cattery are here under pseudonyms, to prevent their being Googled. They all have creative but (and?) bizarre names on their pedigrees.

Edited by author Mon May 24, '10 5:11am PST

[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon May 24, '10 5:54am PST 
Heh heh heh.
big grin
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2