GO!

I have heard the call....!!!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
RADDY (my- heart's- darling)

I am still my- Meouwmy's- Beloved....

Purred: Sat Jul 11, '09 5:52am PST 
Good people and pussycats.....my dear friends.....I have not written much lately but you are always in my heart (and, indeed, the meouwmy has telephoned some of you (secretly).....(however the telephone bill does not lie and the male pink monkey has had something to say about the cost......!!!)

BUT NEVER MIND THAT........what I want to tell you is that I have had 'THE CALL'..........the Meouwmy took me to the vets today and it is confirmed that I have a tumour on my bowel.....YYYeeeuuukkk.....not nice......but, have to tell you that I HEARD THE CALL.........

'CONRAD, COME TO ME.....SOON......' I think it was Miss Lucy who called me, or it may have been Rambo, Mutt-Mutt, Lionel, Arnold, or Mambo.....or, indeed, all of them.........

I will be going soon - perhaps next week or perhaps not until the Autumn (that is when my Meouwmy wants me to go)......but WHEN I GO to the Bridge I shall go on my bike, wearing Miss Lillie's best bonnet, with Tambolina running beside me, playing 'God Save the Queen' on my backbone.........and I hope you will all be there......

I'll let you know more later......it would be so embarrassing if I said 'Yes, I am going next Friday' and I didn't....!!!!! But I would like a party when I do, so I will let you know how things are going as they progress.....

I have joined a club called 'The Olde Furts'...everyone is very kind and it is for old farts who are near the end......I like it.....but I do not forget my friends from the Forums and I hope they do not forget me.........

All for now.....but much, much love to all, especially to Miss Boobikins from her Joey........

Grandad Conrad

Edited by moderator Sat Jul 11, '09 4:21pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Jul 11, '09 12:53pm PST 
This is Delyte. We are so sorry to hear that you have a tumour! But is there any way they can cut it out? I had a huge tumor in the bowel, at the juncture of small and large intestine. It was the size of an orange with its associated fluid. My poos had become like string because of the near obstruction. But my vet was able to take it out and knit the bits together, and I have survived for 4 years. The pathology report was that it was not a cancer but it could reoccur. I go in every six months and the vet who operated on me squeezes my gut to make sure there is no new growth.

I was quite a bit younger than you--I was only ten--and the aftereffects were quite intense. I didn't eat for two weeks and had to be force fed, and I got some kind of weird scarring for a while. Now it is all covered over with fur except there is white fur on the scars. It was very hard on my person, but at the time she was more well than she is now and I was an only cat. I know your person loves you very much and would do anything reasonable to keep you around, and wants you to return to your old wild stuff if possible.

We are all purring for you and hope they can keep you comfortable for as long as possible. Black guy cats are tough!

Giant purrs to you from all of us, especially to your wonderful person, who wanted you to recover so badly... hug
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sat Jul 11, '09 2:39pm PST 
@Delyte,

I would guess that due to Grandad's age, the vet might not feel comfortable putting him under anesthesia. It's a pretty risky proposition with cats of very advanced age (think: over 14).

@Grandad,

just give us your word, sir, and we'll have a grand old wake for you in the "Time to say Goodbye" section. I am not Irish, but maybe we can find someone to instruct us on a proper irish wake. I hear that laughing, drinking and fighting is part of the deal, and I bet that your spirit would very much appreciate the sendoff.
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sat Jul 11, '09 2:59pm PST 
it would be good if you could wait until Autumn...then you could join Cerunnos on the Wild Hunt on your bicycle, wearing Miss Lillie's best bonnet...dancingdancingdancing...but if the Call becomes too strong before then, everyone will understand. keep us apprised...we will most certainly hold a grand wake in your honor.
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Sat Jul 11, '09 3:41pm PST 
Grandad Conrad:

No matter is your time with us is long or short, we are all certainly glad to got to know you and your wonderful family.

While none of us are Irish, we are all from New Orleans, and can certainly know how to put on a party. There will be a great parade, and all the floats will honor your long and eventful life. Members of your furry family will each a have a float to ride on, and you will be the King - watching us from the Rainbow Bridge.

In the meantime, we will continue to purr and pray, and when the time comes for your meowmy to have the strength to deal with it.

Lord Peter sends his most kind regards to the lovely Miss Tambolina.

The New Orleans Kitties

P.S. Our meowmy has finally added the four cats she lost in Hurricane Katrina to CATSTER. Know they will be there to welcome Grandad Conrad as well and show him around.hug
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sun Jul 12, '09 3:26am PST 
Ohhhh Joe....I am so, so sad to hear this, but....snoogles and kitty kisses big and little-- I understand that you are ready to go where you won't be tired, or old, or hurting any more, and that it's getting too hard for you to be the cat you want to be. I will be front and center at your wake, twirling some imported Marmite and peeing over the nearest shrub in you honor. But I'm not looking forward to it, my love. frown
[notify]

RADDY (my- heart's- darling)

I am still my- Meouwmy's- Beloved....

Purred: Sun Jul 12, '09 8:54am PST 
Oh, my friends.....what a lovely response...the Meouwmy has had to bite back the tears all day today at work and then, when she came home, she came straight up here to see if anyone had written and she saw your posts and couldn't stop the tears......

Thank you all so much........

Miss BooBoo......have to tell you the truth.......I went marmite-twirling with a lady cat behind the bicycle sheds.......but it was only because I was lonely in the new group I have joined for cats on their (almost) last legs....'Olde Furts'........we marmite-twirled a little, smoked a few ciggies, giggled a little and told a few secrets (I DID NOT show her my rubber-ducky).........actually, why don't you join 'Olde Furts' too......? It's quite good and they have a Breakfast Club and a pool..........

Oh, my friends, thank you so much.........I'll write again as soon as I know anything more.........

Grandad Joseph Conrad

ps. Tambolina sends shy, short, soft kisses to Lord Peter
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Sun Jul 12, '09 8:58am PST 
ps...she also sends him a little green bird that she killed......I was a bit angry with her....it was so little and pretty.....but she got affronted and wrapped it up herself to send to Lord Peter.......

'Suit yourself' I said to her....so she is going to take it down to the postoffice herself, tomorrow.....

Jan
[notify]

Sparky

The Whispering- panther

Purred: Sun Jul 12, '09 9:12am PST 
Dearest Grandad Conrad,

I am sure that you are going to be quite dashing on your motorbike!! Me and my girl Skitzee will be here watching for you when you are ready to come....
In the meantime we will send all the purrs and charms of contentment at our disposal. Mom is also sending big hugs for your meowma. She remembers how hard it can be to let your love go..

Sparky
[notify]

â™”Jeepurrs- Creepurrsâ™”

Her Royal- Majesty - off with his- head!!!

Purred: Sun Jul 12, '09 8:22pm PST 
My Dearest Grandad Joseph,
Thank you for the most enchanting evening behind the bicycle sheds. Your marmite - twirling skills are most impressive! I could have skipped the ciggie smoking *hork *hork*, but I wished to experience everything to it's fullest! To paraphrase Liza Doolittle " I could have twirled all night, and still have twirled some more..."
As for your concern about Miss Booboo...I believe that she and I are friends..or at least we are acquainted..and I would never presume to jeopardize your relationship.
Thank you again for taking time from your busy schedule to teach a mere lass like me the finer points of being magnificent AND revolting!
I look forward to further...lessons.
Yours,
Jeepurrs Creepurrs
kitty
[notify]

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8