GO!

Happy spring, Evfurcat!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 6:38am PST 
Izzie and the Gang here at "The Zoo" just want to wish everyone a happy spring, if you're in a part of the world where Spring starts today! Izzie is certainly looking forward to dancing in the woods under the light of the Full Moon, climbing screens when the windows are open with his sister Lily and trying to bolt out the patio door when the dogs go out. Time to start cranking up the FrontlinePlus (mom wants to put it in a 5 gallon sprayer and just line the furkids up to get sprayed), and it's also time to start grooming OUTSIDE where all the fur can blow over to the neighbors houses! snoopy

Be at peace, evfurone--you know we send you all lots of love and purrs!
[notify]

Marzipan

The sweetest- little brat :)

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 7:13am PST 
Happy spring to you as well!

We do grooming outside year round (if it's not raining and yuck out) --Pebbles sheds like crazy and I want to curtail the amount of hair in the dorm as much as I can --though the carpet always has a nice "rug" of hair...big laugh
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 8:03am PST 
I went on Pebbles page when I saw she is a Service Dog. I just wanted to tell you that my son has a Lab also (he's coming to stay at Grandma's this weekend while his dad visits his lady love in North Carolina) Anyway, Lucky came from a home of a breeder who had 133 Labs on her property and lives in a small ranchhouse Most of the dogs were in the house or in the garage. (You can read Lucky Dog's whole story if you go to Izzie's page and look down at the family listings). Lucky is a beautiful English-style Lab and he is one of the best dogs I've every seen. He would make an amazing Service Dog. My grandson crawls all over him and Lucky just accepts it.

I also like the photo of you with Pebbles. You look a lot like my daughter! (You're both beautiful!)
[notify]

Sherlock

Me, Me, Me, Me

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 9:02am PST 
Yes, Happy Spring to you, too. Although...when I went outside to feed at the barn this morning ...there was SNOW laugh out loud
[notify]

Gracie

I'm the baby,- gotta love me!

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 10:19am PST 
Thank you, although it's been "Spring" for us for about a month... and in a month or so we'll begin the season mom (as a former midwesterner) has dubbed "late Summer". It's essentially a period of time where the thermometer starts at 90 F, and goes nowhere but up. We are hoping to leave Texas before late Summer goes on the offensive and starts delivering 100 F plus a bump on the heat index for a few weeks.

P.S. - Late Summer doesn't end 'til October. Then there's almost winter. Almost winter is when it's in the 50s all the time. Spring is when we quickly inch from the 60s to the 80s.
[notify]

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 1:28pm PST 
Happy Spring to all furs from us New Orleans kitties!! Yes, we also know what "Summer" is like........8:30 at night and the temp has "dropped" to 90 degrees......but we air-conditioning and ceiling fans to keep us comfortable. Meowmy also makes sure there is a container of fresh water in the patio for any cats who drop by and need a drink.

This is also excellent lizard hunting time, between Charmaine and I we are getting at least 4 a week. We catch them on the patio, and then bring it inside so meowmy can see and appreciate our gift. For some reason she never seems that excited, but she always tell us how brave we are.

And yes, our meowmy also grooms Louie outside when the weather is warm. She said from the amount of hair she gets off off of him she could stuff pillows with it......MOL.....MOL.... She also brushes all the rest of us, our fur is short, but it sure feels good, and we enjoy the extra attention.

Take care,

Edited by author Fri Mar 20, '09 1:30pm PST

[notify]

rhymon- pearle- hedges-come- home

i demand a- shrubbery!!!

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 2:21pm PST 
i'm not sure i approve of this spring thing. mommy has started brushing me everyday to help me shed for spring, and she keeps marveling at how much fur i lose even though we're brushing every day...and cooing over how pretty and healthy my coat is starting to lookconfused i think she's thinking i should be brushed EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE...somebody talk her away from that ledge please...before I JUMP.eek
[notify]

Sherlock

Me, Me, Me, Me

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 4:48pm PST 
But Rhymon...you'll look so pretty and feel SO much better if you get brushed every day! wink
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 5:04pm PST 
We have "spring" here in Cleveland, Ohio for about ten minutes. Then we get the "monsoon" season. My hoomin brufur looked out our window once and remarked to our mom "There are ducks swimming in the back yard." Mom laughed and said "Yeah, right." Then she looked out too and sure enough, there actually was a pair of ducks (whom we later named Donald and Daisy, how original) swimming in one of the puddles (more like a pond) in our back yard. Kudos to the developer/builder who graded the lot. So we started putting out corn for them and they have come back almost every year since.

As for grooming, the troops here think they can handle it themselves, but between six animals, mom gets enough fur to stuff a MATTRESS! We have a sheddin' blade, a small Furminator (who can afford $60.00 for a dog-size one???) and about twenty different combs and brushes. The dogs like the groooming better than we cats do. Jessie is on 3 legs (although she has all 4 but one is useless after she was hit by a car before mom adopted her) and she can't really itch where she needs to. Dogs are so easy to please! They should take lessons on aloofness from us! (Although when we're shedding, the brushing does feel good. We'd never admit it, though.)
Mom mixed some nice smelling creme rinse/conditioner with water and she sprays in on our fur before she brushes us. If she didn't do that, we'd generate enough static to interfere with dad listening to the ballgame in bed at night. I actually have the nicest fur, but that's genetics. And, we always get treats after the grooming. That's the best part! FOOD, yeah!!!
[notify]

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '09 5:41pm PST 
Happy spring to all our friends 'up there' smile We are happy to be in Autumn. It is the best season in North Queensland.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2