GO!

GRRRRRRRR (rant)

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Sun Mar 8, '09 4:01pm PST 
i am so sick of the emails i get all the time and the ads posted on craigs list that goes something of the following:

FREE CAT TOO GOOD HOME cant keep, having a baby

Loving 6 year old cat declawed cant keep not enough time for her

siamaese ex breeding cat good home only not spayed free to home that will fix

since when is keeping a cat hard work? i get sick of every lame excuse " cant keep no time" crap.

or " she keeps having babies" mnk get the cat fixed.

and why do people feel that they need to get rid of a cat because there having kids? since when is throwing your cat a handlefull of 4 dollar a bag cat food and giving it water hard?

sorry to rant, but i am so sick of the world trying to dump there cats on me.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sun Mar 8, '09 4:25pm PST 
I'm not sure what to tell you. A lot of people either don't understand that cats and kids can co-exist (to the point that Boris' rescuer made a point of informing me about the myth of cats causing SIDS), or are just the selfish type.

In this household, we are committed to keeping our kitties when kids arrive, and when people mention it, we do tell them that abandoning your cat just because you're in the family way is pretty stupid. After all, most families we know did not get rid of their dogs after having a baby, and dogs are a lot more work in terms of time than cats are (my cats love attention, but can usually adapt to my schedule). I tried dog ownership too, and having to walk a dog 3-4 times a day was too much for me. I'd rather spend that time playing with Boris and Gracie indoors.

hug
[notify]

Boots (In Loving Memory)

I went to the- brige on- September- 17,2007

Purred: Sun Mar 8, '09 5:27pm PST 
I'm so sorry people keep trying to get rid of there cats to you. And it is stupid. It isn't hard to keep and take care of cats. If you don't want a rambuctious cat get an older one. Get it fixed so it doesn't have kittens, and as for because we are having a baby. That's a ridiculous excuse in my opinion. We can leave our cats for about five days and they be okay. (like if we go on vacation, just leave extra food and water) it is stupid to say it is hard to take care of a cat...
[notify]

the kaya- skye &- shyloh paige

mutant twincats- of michigan

Purred: Sun Mar 8, '09 6:46pm PST 
well, to be charitable, at least these people are trying to find the cats a home instead of simply dumping them outside. the mutant twins came to our attention in a craigslist ad, and we've never regretted responding. that being said, i do wish people would do their homework before they decide to get a pet...and realize they're making a commitment to a living creature, not acquiring a sweater to be treated as a hand-me-down when they get tired of it.
(and where are you finding food for $4 a bag? thinking )
[notify]

Lola

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!

Purred: Sun Mar 8, '09 7:00pm PST 
My mother was of the generation that thought cats suffocate babies, and, while she was an otherwise lovely person, she was pretty hard-headed when it came to animals. Thus, Freckles was euthanized when my brother was born. She never told me the truth about this until a few years before she died. She always said that Freckles had "run away." Why she didn't even try to rehome Freckles is a mystery to me. I've had to rehome cats because they just didn't get along with my cat family, but would not have done so if I didn't know that they had a good place to go to.
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 6:53am PST 
I have a poster in my den that says, "We had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic."

I have written letters to the editor to our local papers and detailed what happens to kittens given away for free. Maybe you could do the same.

The Executive Director of the animal rescue I used to volunteer with would call people who posted 'free to a good home" ads and explained to them that they should at least ask $10.00 for a kitten. She offered to help them adopt out the kittens if we didn't have to place them with one of our fosters (if the owner would keep the kittens in their own home) and she also gave them lists of reduced-cost spay/neuter clinics in our area. She did this all with a kindly attitude even though she was burning up with anger on the outside. Sometimes people just really do need to be educated.
[notify]

MORTICIA

brat princess- with sharp claws

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 5:09pm PST 
MOL laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud !! my friend bought me the same statement on a plaque for xmas. some jerks get animals as baby substitutes. for my 3 cats, i spend average $30 a month on incidentals (food, litter). $300 a year on veterinary care (check up, vax boosters). and yup i have a family too. i told hubby that if he went active duty i'd shoot him. he's reserves. the reason was that alot of countries have quarantine laws and i don't trust planes. i won't even go on vacation without my cats. i slotted out the next however long to take care of the girls. but alas not all think the way we do. i just stopped talking to a friend of the family (we were going to buy her house) because she had her rotti euthanised because she was tired of him. it's a dang shamecry. hang in there tiny!!!!!
[notify]

Lola

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 10:01pm PST 
We're in Japan, where euthanasia is not commonly practiced, even for medical reasons. But...people take their pets to all-kill shelters. There was a rage for all-white Huskies a few years ago, because of a movie. Well, duh, they don't go well with the average Japanese apartment. Lots of Huskies bit the dust because of that. I would rehome a cat, but the key word is "rehome." I would never send a cat to be euthanised because it was "inconvenient." The cats I had to rehome simply weren't happy with the rest of my cats, and as a breeder, you have to be a bit hard-hearted. But never send any animal off to death.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Thu Mar 12, '09 9:58pm PST 
there really is no answer. i was just venting. sometimes being the cat lady of a small town gets to you. everyone trys to turn for you for help and i just cant help them all.

most of the time were full because people dump cats here right and left.
[notify]

Ember

College Cat

Purred: Thu Mar 12, '09 10:10pm PST 
That's really irritating. I can't take in other cats, but I wish I could.

It's especially painful seeing that since I live in a large college area, a lot of college students obtain cats (sometimes even from shelters!) and then "return" the cat because they don't know that a living being is a real responsibility! Ugghhh.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2