GO!

Virtual Cat Show

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Tue Mar 3, '09 10:26am PST 
I found out about a virtual cat photo show one of the Yahoo cat groups I belong too. Looks like entry fees are $10. Fund raising for Australian wildlife injured and displaced by the bushfires Feb. 2009. Entries are due April 16, 2009.

Virtual Cat Show

It is a photo show and just for fun of course as the judges are not able to handle the cats. It is for a good cause though and Mom will probably enter all of us. They also state you can even enter Rainbow Bridge cats too.

Linus
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Mar 3, '09 3:59pm PST 
Looked at the entry form, was going to enter Bumpurr and the kittens,
but ya gotta have pay pal, which I don't. big grin

Great idea tho, hope they get alot of entries. big grin
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Mar 3, '09 4:43pm PST 
Hmm...a cat show in which you can, to put it bluntly, enter dead kitties. Only on the Internet. I think I have PayPal, and may give it a try. It's for a good cause. One problem: good photos are likely to win over so-so photos. Nowadays, people can really fiddle around with photos on their computers. We hope everybody plays fair. Thanks for the info, Linus.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Mar 3, '09 5:33pm PST 
Hey Harvey, I could show Leverett at this "show", mol. wavewavewaveapplauseapplauseapplause

Then you can tell his prospective parents, he been in a cat show, and won,
Best of the Best Kitten. applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Tue Mar 3, '09 9:07pm PST 
Harvey, I know what you mean about entering Rainbow Bridge cats. However, this is NOT meant to be a serious competition. This is meant to be a fun competition and fund raising event. Obviously in a photo show you can't really verify ownership or if the cat is still living. If some people want to enter Rainbow Bridge cats and thus help raise more money, I have no problem with that. But it sounds like a fun competition and it is for a good cause. Mom will have to go through our photos and enter us later.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Mar 3, '09 10:04pm PST 
Yeah, I know I sounded cold when I said "dead kitties." But I actually meant it in a good sense--my wording was bad--a contest that recognizes beautiful cats, whether they are here with us now or not, is unique and...I think...may help some people who are still grieving over their Rainbow Bridge kitties. Love for one's cat goes on forever...
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Wed Mar 4, '09 8:31am PST 
Well said Harvey smile
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Mar 4, '09 3:31pm PST 
Linus--thank you.
[notify]