GO!

So, how much have you been mutilated by your cat(s)?

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Sherlock

Me, Me, Me, Me

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '09 8:05am PST 
I hear you loud and clear Izzy! wink Happens to me, too.
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '09 2:07pm PST 
experienced the Accidental Scratchiness of Doom just this morning, boris...laugh out loud kaya was peacefully snoozing in my lap when andrea came in the door. she catapulted (sorry, had to go there) herself six feet away in a single bound...and promptly began licking her shoulder. (of course...the classic "i meant to do that" kitty maneuveur)
i now have two short but painful scratches on my right thigh (from back claws, i think) and one long scratch on the back of my left hand (from a front claw) that bled forever. and yes, i will be scissoring some little claws tonight. i've been meaning to and i just keep not getting around to it. i sometimes write things on the back of my hand that i don't want to forget to do...this time kaya did the "writing".
[notify]

Lily Rose- 2007-2010

The iron claw in- a cute little- paw.

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '09 4:12pm PST 
Now that the weather is a little better, Lily Rose has decided not to pass up the opportunity to bolt out the door whenever possible.(shades of Ernest) Today I enticed her to come to me (after chasing her back and forth for 20 minutes across the yards) from under the neighbor's deck. I scruffed her and picked her up and immediately got 20+ little terrorist claws wherever those little hooks could find purchase. I have five scratches across my stomach and three each on both arms. Whoo hoo this is gonna be a loooong summer! cheer
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '09 5:48pm PST 
Lily's mom,

face it: if your cats like the outdoors, you might just have to bite the bullet and do some harness training. Our two are afraid of the outdoors (we have no yard, and are in the middle of the city, which means the door=car noises), so it didn't take. But yours will probably have plenty of motivation to learn (like not being scruffed by mommy! laugh out loud).
[notify]

Lily Rose- 2007-2010

The iron claw in- a cute little- paw.

Purred: Thu Mar 26, '09 11:37am PST 
You're right, Boris. But our main problem is the bolting out the door with the dogs or pushing out the window screens. I understand about the harness training, but when they go for the mad rush out the door, there's no time to put a harness on them. I'm trying to find a way to open the door and have a safety screen there. I may just start closing the patio screen (which is also pushed out on the bottom by you-know-who.) so I at least have a chance to grab Lily. If I hadn't lost Ernie the way I did, I'd probably not be so frantic about it. Lily would come back eventually if she could. She is microchipped. In all my 2600 answers on the Answers Board, I've never been able to tell anyone how to stop their kitties from bolting outside.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Fri Mar 27, '09 4:37pm PST 
Hmmm... Have you thought of putting some sort of baby gate about a foot away from that door, so you can quickly step over it and open it to go outside, but the kitties will have to spend time jumping over it, and thus lose their window of opportunity?
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Fri Mar 27, '09 7:35pm PST 
but what about when she's letting the dogs in and out? a baby gate is more of a barrier to a dog than a cat, once the cat has the distance and angle figured...thinking
[notify]

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5