GO!

How many men are on Catster?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 8, '09 3:00pm PST 
We all want to protect our identities on this and other sites. But after being on Catster since last year, I've figured out that most of the humans behind the cats (yes, there are humans behind the cats) are women. It's funny, but when I see a male cat's post, I just figure it really is...a man. I'm still almost convinced that Izzie is a man (sorry, Izzie!). This gets really confusing when people with multi-cat households post--some people still haven't figured out that Harvey (the jokester), Leila (the health-concerned mother), Chibi (the know-it-all brat who wants to go to Harvard), and the Magnificent Seven are all owned by the same Human.

Anyway...as you get to know the regular posters, you realize that most of them are women. I don't want to blow anyone's cover--you don't have to confess anything you don't want to--but what would you say is the percentage of men who regularly post on Catster? And are there more men on Dogster?

Sorry for the stupid question...
red face
[notify]

Sherlock

Me, Me, Me, Me

Purred: Sun Feb 8, '09 3:27pm PST 
Harvey...That was not a stupid question..I've wondered that myself! And I bet there are more than we think there are. winkwink
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 8, '09 4:19pm PST 
The funny thing is that it often takes many posts before you can figure out the sex of the poster. You'd think that men would have a, well, manly style. Many posts are obviously written by women. But I rarely come upon a post that says, "Hey, this was written by a man!"
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sun Feb 8, '09 5:30pm PST 
what concerns me more is not knowing when i'm talking to a kid. not because i'm saying anything inappropriate, but because sometimes you end up assuming they have more control over the situation-and more understanding of it-than they possibly could. sometimes you can tell if you check their pages...but no, i have no insight into how you can "out" the elusive male catsters.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 8, '09 5:44pm PST 
Har! The "elusive male Catsters!"
laugh out loud
[notify]

DESERT

PICK ME !! PICK- ME!! TO BE PET!!

Purred: Sun Feb 8, '09 6:01pm PST 
I can tell you a few (won't name any) but mostly they give them selves away by saying "DAD" I thing the post in I think it "HEALTH" that asks who the primary care giver is is the best way to figure it out.

Remeber that in our world with all different sexuality leanings you can't say that some thing "Sounds" femine or masculine anylonger infact its geting harder and harder to say something "Looks" feminine or masculine.

I think the beauty of catser is that you can remain annonomous (protection from the freaks) if you like.

I even find more and more that cats are just as much male pets as they are female pets unlike what the old stereo type used to say.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 8, '09 6:34pm PST 
Ha ha! Protection from the freaks! That may be me!

One reason I ask is that in the cat show world, women far outnumber men. Usually, the only men who attend are accompanying their wives or their male partners. Maybe this is only a Japanese thing.

And yes, I think it's a good thing that nowadays people are not so concerned with sexual orientation, and that Catster protects people's privacy. Hey, even my cats are here under assumed names (except Spike; he's now out of the Witness Protection Plan, har har).
laugh out loud
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Feb 11, '09 5:32am PST 
Har har har, either there really aren't that many men on Catster, or they just don't want to admit it...Not an earth-shattering topic, but something I was just curious about.
laugh out loud
[notify]

Andre

distinguished- gentleman

Purred: Thu Feb 12, '09 3:02am PST 
Well our mom just closed her Catster survey and she did ask gender. Out of 229 responses only 3% were male. We can't say that this is representative of Catster as a whole but it is very interesting....
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Thu Feb 12, '09 10:32am PST 
Ha! But were they telling the truth? And maybe men were less willing to respond to a survey? Having said that, I do get the feeling that women far outnumber men on Catster...Now, how about Dogster?

dog There's a man behind me!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2