GO!

Fake Cats? Huh?

(Page 802 of 810: Viewing entries 8011 to 8020)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  797  798  799  800  801  802  803  804  805  806  807  [Last 10 entry]  
Jack- Teagarden

Loving My- Furrever Home

Purred: Sat Aug 18, '12 9:34am PST 
YAY Marlin.....there is NOTHING better than going to your furrever home and owning people. We look forward to seeing you around "Fake Cats", and sending you messages and presents on your page.

The New Orleans Kitties and Auntie Fayecheerdancingwave
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Sun Aug 19, '12 8:32pm PST 
YES Marlin is going to make someone very happy!
RThe Pride all went to great homes last year, and there is now pAN'S pRIDE, 5 AGAIN orn June 17 so they are at the rambunctios stage. Also have 2 other Burmese litters here as UI tred to breed all the Burm girls in sort of the same time frame; the 2 Bombays will have kitties at the end of September then no more until late spring next yeart, I hope. (Sometimes breeding queens get pyometra if they cycle too often, so we hope the babies continue to nurse up into mid September,; the girls normally don't cycle November-March. I am really kind of hoping my breeder friend will be ready to take half the girls home then. Unfortunately her husband got really sick while at MD Anderson and did not make it' she isnt ready to take the kitts home yet though.
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Mon Aug 27, '12 10:20am PST 
This is Delyte and the Grays, worrying over our New Orleans contingent in the face of a new hurricane. Please stay warm and dry and safe in the face of the storm. And send the rest of the rain north to us in southern Illinois, because we are dying without it up here. The Mississippi looks like a backyard creek! Giant purrs from all of us to everyone in the path of the storm! hug
[notify]

George,- Mary & Willy- Darcy

In Residence at- Pemberly

Purred: Mon Aug 27, '12 5:22pm PST 
Thanks Delyte and Grays. We are staying home, nobody in the neighborhood is leaving either. So far winds of about 85-90 miles per hour are forecast, and 10-20 inches of rain. Sure wish we could send that rain to where it is really needed. I live only a mile from the Mississippi River. However, this area did not flood in Hurricane Katrina, but the fact that the 7th anniversary of Hurricane Katrins is Wednesday - that makes people very afraid.

Will be posting as much as possible until we loose power.

The New Orleans Kitties and Auntie Faye
[notify]

Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '12 9:47pm PST 
It's Stella, wondering how our southern cat buddies and their people are doing?! Sounds like there was a lot of lost power, but we hope no one was affected by the flooding?

Isaad brought us something like 6 inches of rain and some spot flooding, notably in the center of town where it is low and there were two feet of water in the building there which is a theater and art gallery.

But Isaac brought us personally something wonderful: Green tree frogs inside the house. I found one last night and cornered it, but didn't tell our person that I had anything, because I knew she would take it away from me. When she went to bed, very late, she found this huge tree frog, which she then had to catch and put outside--and she was in her birthday suit, so it was a good thing no one was around. She no sooner got out of the shower and there was another, and later on another. She did not get settled to sleep until 6 AM. We hope there will be more tonight. But she is closing the bathroom door when she goes to bed so we can't bother the frogs when they are in there. Since they are the exact color of the carpet in most of the house, they sometimes hop through the front door and we don't find them for a long time, until they try to climb the wall.

Purring for everyone!
[notify]

Jill- Teagarden

Furrever Homes- Rock!!!

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 8:42am PST 
Stella: Thanks for the post. Us New Orleans Kitties are fine, no water in the house, not even street flooding. We live in a suburb west of New Orleans. The area where meowmy used to live did not get flooed either, but since Issac hit exactly seven years to the day after Hurricane Katrina lots of humans were scared. We were out of power from Wednesday at 1:00 am to Sunday at 3:00 p.m. Meowmy was so sick from the heat (and her having high blood pressure), she had to call a neighbor on Friday. The lady came over (she is a retired nurse) and sat with meowmy, and helped her put cool towels on her head and around her neck.

As far as we know, no humans were lost in the storm, but some horses and cattle drowned in Plaquemines Parish (we have parishes rather than counties here in Louisiana). The photo on the front page of todays TIMES-PICAYUNE shows a man hugging his horse who survived.

But no damage to our house, just the food in the fridge and freezer meowmy had to throw out. And since the Winn-Dixie (our local grocery store) opened on Thursday, meowmy was able to get ice and CAT FOOD (MOST IMPORTANT). Sunday we all slept so soundly......that cool air felt GREAT!!..

We appreciated the phone calls from other CATSTER members, and it made us all feel very safe to know so many ktties were purring, and humans praying for us.

The New Orleans Kitties and Meowmy Faye
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 4:46pm PST 
We are glad you are all right! If you get a wild urge to leave town this weekend, we are coming to Alexandria!!! Well, not me. But Ahab, Pan's baby sister, and the newest 'keeper' are going. Picture coming soon of BooBoo Junior!!!! She is a Bombay who is a diva, dislikes being held for long and eats mayonnaise like the original, she just ain't ripe yet. No, not a 'replacement', she is named 'in honor of' old BooBoo smile
[notify]

Jack- Teagarden

Loving My- Furrever Home

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '12 9:11am PST 
Thanks for the offer, but Alexandria is about four hours from where I live. Plus, I am still feeling the affects of heat exhaustion after being without power for five days. I do know where it is - my family is from Avoylles Parish (we have parishes instead of counties in Louisiana), my dad from Simmesport, and my mother from Plaucheville. Good luck to the kitties on their show appearance.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Timmy Tomcat- DB #122a

Ready for Big- Fun

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 7:59am PST 
smilesmile
Hmmm... Boris got this one dead on. Its a D.O.G. trying to sneak in and steal our treats. Give him a big HSSSSSS
laugh out loudlaugh out loud
Timmy T
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Wed Sep 26, '12 7:15pm PST 
e might be back; it was fun, nice people but a whole different bunch than our usual, and Ahab finally got his Grand championship so it was fun. He had been so in demand as a breeder that he started his show career kind of late, and it's been kind of hard when he has a few gray hairs. I worked VERY hard on him--his person has bent over backward to help us here so I really wanted to get his award. Also had a nice pro photo taken as a Christmas gift, I will pot here when it comes back. I still need to make BooBoo Jr a page too.
[notify]

(Page 802 of 810: Viewing entries 8011 to 8020)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  797  798  799  800  801  802  803  804  805  806  807  [Last 10 entry]