GO!

please help me pick Ember's food

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Kitty Kismet- arrived on the- Cosmic Wind

Purred: Sun Jul 10, '11 9:16am PST 
I need recs for a good cat food for Ember so she can have firm poopies and I don't have to wipe her fluffy butt all the time, lol. I am her third home, the woman before me had gotten her from the pound and I don't think she's been on a decent food since her first owner, to be honest. She came with two cans of store brand wet food that I didn't have the heart to feed her, opting instead to stop at Pet Smart to pick up something a little nicer. I bought AvoDerm Adult off a rec from a good friend with four house kitties she loves more than life. I notice there's a lot of 'filler' (corn etc.) and while my friend's kitties are doing beautifully on it, I wonder if there's something better for my Manx, especially something that might firm up her stools a bit. Thanks in advance for any insight! kitty
[notify]

Samoa - Diva Angel

Supreme- Detective &- Beauty Queen

Purred: Sun Sep 4, '11 10:49am PST 
If you're going to get a dry food, you want to make sure that the first ingredients include things like chicken, fish, meat - no fillers.

A lot of times a cat just needs to get used to a cat food. If your cat has been switched around on a lot of different types of food, it will cause poopie problems.

Some of the so-called "better" brands of dry/wet food are not found in normal grocery stores. You need to check out Petco, Petsmart, and specialty pet food stores for good brands. Unfortunately, their price tag is higher!
[notify]