GO!

Coat problems!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 1:34pm PST 
Hello,

My dear Bond has a bit of a weight problem and I am wondering if it contributes to his matted coat. It seems that he is unable to clean his lower back which results in really greasy and dandruff ridden clumps. We've gotten him shaved, which helped, but I don't want to ignore the problem.

The problem is, Bond has never been the only cat. When he lived with my sister he had a kitty-sister and he would eat her food. Now that he lives with me, he eats our kittens food as well. We do our best to prevent him from eating all of her food, but there is only so much we can do! We are definitely open to suggestions about this situation too.

But what I am curious about is, if there is a type of food that will help his coat.

Thanks!
[notify]