GO!

loose possibly owned cat-what to do

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Monkey

I'm the baby

Purred: Fri Dec 9, '11 11:34pm PST 
theres a cat roaming our neighborhood, a very friendly tiger stripe unneutered male cat and he keeps showing up at my door. I feed him, other neighbors feed him and have put a heating pad in a chair on their porch for him to sleep on, which he does. He lives outdoors 24/7 has no collar and tag, I would like to take him in and get him FLV nd FIV tested and neutered before bringing him into my home. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs of my own. That doesn't worry me, but its breaking my heart seeing him outside in 10 degree farenheit weather frown any advice?
[notify]

Leo

purrrr

Purred: Sat Dec 10, '11 9:09am PST 
If you're wanting to make sure you are not "stealing" someone else's cat, I would think asking around the neighborhood and/or putting up a few fliers would suffice. Some papers also let you place a free "found pet" ad. You could also call the shelter to see if anyone has called looking for this cat. When you take him to the vet, have them scan for a microchip also. Sounds like he could use a nice warm home. Hope it works out.

Edited by author Sat Dec 10, '11 9:11am PST

[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Mon Dec 12, '11 7:16am PST 
First, BLESS you and the other neighbors who are feeding this cat, and especially for you providing a warm place for him to sleep. Just our two cents, but if the cat is constantly roaming the neighborhood, his "owners" do not need to be found. And if you want to take him in, have him checked out and neutered, go right ahead. That cat will have a wonderful Christmas present, a warm, safe, loving furrever home.

Keep us posted.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]