GO!

Bill to shoot feral cats is passed in Utah. :(

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
♥Kobe- and- Aidan&hearts- ;

♥♥♥ 2- Sweet & Awesome- Cats ♥♥♥

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 2:03pm PST 
This is SO sad. frown Poor kitties. How do you they know if the cats are even feral?! What if they are just pets and got out of the house. confused This is SO stupid! I'm so disgusted.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=14516980
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 4:39pm PST 
You're absolutely right - I am so disappointed in these poeple I could cry! I was really disgusted especially by the part where they had some "fun" by "meowing" their votes! I thought Utah was civilized! It IS embarrassing. shock
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 4:43pm PST 
Sigh. I had signed a petition a long time ago to prevent this. Obviously it didn't work. Let me see if I can find a petition to reverse this bill. I'll bet there's one out there. frown
[notify]

♥Kobe- and- Aidan&hearts- ;

♥♥♥ 2- Sweet & Awesome- Cats ♥♥♥

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 5:59pm PST 
Finnegan- Let me know if you find a reverse petition. confused

Tink- I know, right?! It's so disappointing and disgusting that they were meowing while they were casting their votes. Gross. Everything about this whole mess is GROSS. Poor poor kitties. frown
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 6:43pm PST 
MiSs Edith and even Teller (who has been escaping nightly) would be dead! asdf omg!
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 10:14pm PST 
Hi;
Rusty's mom here.

Okay. What can we do to stop this?
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 11:09pm PST 
So on change.org there is a petition going but I do not think it has to do with this newest development and I also do not quite understand the PS part. I do not have any experience with this sort of thing. And sadly am not real smart regarding laws and bills etc. But I read what they wrote on this petition and I do not think that it has to do with the latest update on this bill. I was under the impression that it now says you are only able to "shoot" feral animals in unicorperated areas. (like that makes it OK) Like I said I just don't know. So I posted it below because I am hopeing that someone with knowledge about this sort of thing can at least help me figure out what the best course of action is. I do not live anywhere near Utah, nor would I ever after hearing of this.

When will the human beings learn that it is not all about them all the time. And this is the stupidest thing anyone could come up with. Yeah, lets actually encourage the knuckle draggers to shoot cats and dogs and whatever else they may want to. It is bad enough that we don't enforce animal cruelty violations (such as Mr. Frank and Piggy's murderer only got one year per cat) but now they are saying it is okay to shoot anything that looks feral in unicorperated areas of Utah. Come on. And their reasoning is idiotic. When was the last time you saw a pack of feral cats taking down a cow?? When have you seen a pack of feral cats doing anything other than just barely surviving. Oh and some rodent control. (of course they don't hunt as a pack) You know if Utah continues with this they deserve to come down with an outbreak of plague. See how they like that, or to be overrun what ........sorry kind of went off there, but this is just so idiotic. I am done complaining now. Sorry again. Anyway here is the petition I saw.

HB 120-Killing Feral Cats-will invite many lawsuits and is upsetting the nation
Overview Letter Targeting: The Governor of UT, The UT State Senate, and The UT State House
Started by: L. Swa_
Homeless cats live very short brutal lives whose end is often of great agony from getting hit by cars, dying slowly of diseases; people also deliberately poison them. Cats prolifically perpetuate their kind by not spay/neutering, that a quick death from gunfire or other means may seem more humane. However, please also consider also a large glut of people who take pleasure in animal cruelty and will interpret the law as they see fit as the State's blessing to skin alive, torture, and kill with agony homeless cats and kittens. They will also kill them with bow hunting, which is extremely agonizing and slow.

Gene Baierschmidt, Executive Director of the Humane Society of Utah believes that the bill will be a huge mistake and will only, "open the door for a lot of abuse to take place."

(ps: IF YOU DO NOT USE A UTAH ZIP CODE-DON'T BOTHER SIGNING IT. IT WILL GO NO WHERE. IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN UTAH USE THE CITY, STATE ZIP CODE
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Sun Feb 27, '11 2:39am PST 
Oh ye gods!!! Here's me thinking USA animal societies had more teeth than our RSPCA!!! Please don't let them do itcry I thought USA was a civilised country, obviously not. I am insenced by this, and soooo angry.

STAND UP FOR THE KITTIES!!!!!!

I can't do anything frm this side of the pond, I wish I could.

Maybe a link I could use ifI can fathom it out and put on facebook????
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Sun Feb 27, '11 3:00am PST 
SKIN CATS ALIVE!!!! This is 21st century, I am REALLY ANGRY HERE, sorry but I could not live with it if folks did that here. Before Patch and his brother were born our neighbour offered to drown them at birth, I kid you not, I was so angry. So you can imagine how I feel about all of this.............specially as my brother-in-law drowned some of my cats in my teens and left them for me to find. I am dead against all of this as you can appreciate.

Sorry for rant but I had to let it out.way to go
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Feb 27, '11 5:41am PST 
Yeah Patch, "neighborhood kids" are the worst. I was talking to a lady in PetsMart just the other day who rescued the surviving kitten out of a litter of black kittens who had been set on fire by the neighborhood kids. What's done to black cats because of stupid superstitions to this day is beyond me.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3