GO!

Please help keep a convicted animal abuser in prison!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Sun Feb 6, '11 2:45pm PST 
The link between violence against animals and violence against people is well-documented. Sometimes abusers hurt beloved animals to further victimize others. Unfortunately in our world, animals, children, women, and people in general experience horrible acts of violence and trauma.

Today I learned of a horrible trauma that happened to a family and I just can't get it out of my head. A young woman was terrorized by a former co-worker that she had briefly dated. He broke into her house and did horrible things. He was arrested and sentenced to 12 years. After less than 2 1/2 years in prison, he is up for parole on 2/14/11.

This psychopath has a documented history of abusing and killing cats and dogs of former girlfriends (at least 5 times with 5 different women). 2 years in prison is not acceptable. Not even close. Releasing this psychopath puts the victim's life at risk AND risks all of our lives and the lives of our beloved cats and dogs.

What can we do? The courageous victim has started an online petition to take with her when she testifies at the parole board hearing on Valentine's Day next week. Please sign the petition to stand with the victim and to protect all of us. And by standing with the victim, we can honor the memories of her kitties Mr. Frank and Piggy and help fight for justice.

Warning: the links to the petition contain some details that are very disturbing. Please proceed with caution.

The Petition

This is a FB page supporting the victim and her beloved kitties:

Facebook Page for Mr. Frank and Piggy (Rest in Peace)
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun Feb 6, '11 3:08pm PST 
Signed it and passed it on to some other folks Lucy! Thank you! We love Change.org and sign a lot of petitions there. smile
[notify]

Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Sun Feb 6, '11 3:15pm PST 
Thanks, Alex! I hope she has at least 10,000 signatures to take with her to the parole board hearing. We will all be standing beside her in spirit (and signature) as she fights for justice and safety for all of us!
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 10:51am PST 
Same here - we are sending the power of the paw with her too! Anyone who sees this should go to change.org "Animals" page to sign the petition - they have made it easy to make a statement of support! applause
[notify]

Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 10:59am PST 
Thanks for the support, Tink! I feel so strongly about this; the trauma that the victim and her kitties went through is horrific and this monster has a history of tormenting women and their animals (co-workers, ex-girlfriends, even a female neighbor). The victim's courage in fighting to keep this sociopath is prison is amazing after all that she's been through.

If you haven't signed the petition, please sign! The parole board hearing is next week, Valentine's Day.

Rest in peace, Mr. Frank and Piggy.
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 7:08pm PST 
I am so sad and sickened....I will support her in any way....
[notify]

Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 7:49pm PST 
Thank you, sweet Ava! I just checked and the petition is almost at 10,000 signatures! The Animal Defense Legal Fund put out a notice to all their supporters and the petition more than doubled in just a few hours!
[notify]

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 6:54am PST 
Lucy: I went and signed the petition. HOW can this "creature" (I do not consider this a human) be released from prison!! It is a miracle he has not killed a person as yet.....but certainly this is the next step. I cross posted this to another cat-chat group I belong to.

Good luck to the poor lady who lost her furbabies......

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 9:36am PST 
This is Ruty's Mom posting. What I cannot believe is that the reason they have kept it in prison at all is because of the breaking and entering charge. If I understood what I read. I am so sick after reading what it did to her babies and others. This thing needs to get off of this planet. The whole thing is so disturbing and sickening and painful. To think that this thing still exists and there are others out there that are just as bad is so upsetting. We need much tougher animal abuse laws. It is crazy that as a society we do not protect our helpless better. That poor woman. She will never be the same. I don't think anyone could be the same even after just hearing about it. I think it was Ghandi that said you can judge a society by how they treat their animals. Sorry to go on about this, I just cannot believe this thing could be allowed to go free and do this to others.
[notify]

Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 12:29pm PST 
Thanks for cross-posting, New Orleans Kitties! And I agree with you and Rusty both; how in the world can this monster be up for parole. 12 years isn't long enough. The victim will never feel safe again. The trauma that she has gone through is horrific. The other thing that really, really bothers me about this case is the horrible text messages he sent to her, taunting her and insulting her poor kitties after he had murdered them. Disgusting. There was a third kitty, sister to the kitties that were murdered. Apparently she was very small and hid through the whole thing, even though he overturned furniture trying to get to her. Poor kitty, can you even imagine the trauma for the surviving kitty and the mom? Disgusting.

Thank you for signing the petition and spreading the word. I'm going to post on Dogster, too. Maybe she will have over 20,000 signatures by next week.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4