GO!

Victory! President Signs New Crush Act into Law

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Fri Dec 10, '10 9:50am PST 
Victory: President Signs New Crush Act into Law

applausedancingcheerhappy danceway to gohappy dancedancingcheerapplause

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Fri Dec 10, '10 9:54am PST 
HURRAAYYYYYYYY! Thanks Ben for letting us know! that's so wonderful! Great news! hamster dancesnoopyparty
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Dec 12, '10 3:40am PST 
Hmm...Seeing that 99.99% of the U.S. population seems to hate Obama, how are Obama haters who are also animal lovers going to juggle the contradiction? And why did it take so long, anyway?
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 11:33am PST 
Cush law?
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 12:07pm PST 
Rusty: This was discussed a few months ago on CATSTER, and we had never heard of it before either. Apparently there are some really sick "creatures" (we do not consider them human) who produce videos where cats (apparently usually kittens) are crushed or impaled by female creatures wearing high heeled shoes. Made all of us sick to think about this!!! Hopefully this law will give the SPCA and other animal rights organization some help in stopping such a horrible thing.

Every time I read about something like this while I am at work, when I get home I have to give every cat extra petting and loves.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 5:39pm PST 
we're Obama kitties. Always have been always will be. Upper Middle Income family, small business owners.

who live in...are you ready for it? THE DEEP SOUTH. P&T, givin' logic a chance yall

eek

YAY PREZ!
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Tue Feb 15, '11 12:53am PST 
Why did I have to ask. I swear it is like we live in some demon hell sometimes. Why did I ask. Okay, but this was not already against the law???? I don't understand how that could have been legal to begin with. I try so hard to be empathetic to all. But you know I have no empathy or understanding of such evil abominations that walk the earth. And the other thing that really freaks me out is there are female abominations willing to do this. What is wrong with this world that things like this can even exist?? And what kind of monsters (to good a word) are making a market for this to be out there? I am really disgusted once again by the animal laws we have in effect. I mean if we had to pass a law prohibiting this??? Well what the blank is wrong with this society? I am sorry I am going off because I am shocked and everyother thing I am sure everyone with a soul who has ever heard of this was when they found out.

This is an example of why you absolutely must charge money for any kitten or cat you adopt out. No exceptions. Because you need to make sure that they are really going to a home. Can you imagine.....I mean any happy couple could go and adopt a kitten......Oh I am sick. Please if you are adopting out cats and or kittens please charge a decent amount for them and check out where they are going. I actually go check out the house and family and really make people jump though hoops before I adopt out. That is probably why I have kept two and the others have only gone to people I work with or that I know very well.

And people thought I was nuts because I wouldn't advertise a kitten up for adoption on craigs list. UGHHH

I apologize for the ranting. But really there has to be some serious damage or some brain pathways blocked and rerouted in these disgusting pieces of trash that could do or watch that being done to.....UGH
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Tue Feb 15, '11 5:49am PST 
HaHa I love it when Rusty swears. It's so funny
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Tue Feb 15, '11 6:57am PST 
Rusty: There was no law because normal people would not DREAM about doing such a thing. Sadly, if there is money to be made, and it involves a human or an animal being hurt, someone will film it and profit from it. I keep saying that I know they will be juded by God, and He will punish them...I certainly pray so.....and the punishment is to have the same thing done to them....but for all eternity.

You are like all of us on CATSTER, we love and pets and cannot comprehend how such things can happen.

Everytime I think I have heard about all the forms of evil I hear of another.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Tue Feb 15, '11 12:13pm PST 
It actually was illegal before, but the Supreme Court struck down the previous law because they felt it was vague enough to be applied to films about legal activities, like hunting.

After the old law was struck down, Congress scrambled to pass a bill that was much more specific to "Crush" videos, and, in December, the president signed it into law.
way to go

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2