GO!

Marinating Cat? SO glad this baby is ok!!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Sylvester- (forever in- my heart

Purred: Thu Aug 12, '10 12:30pm PST 
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/11/marinating-cat-menu-new-home/

I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around this.
So happy this boy is ok and safe!
Some people are just plain disgusting.
Thankfully OLIVER has a new home and a bright future.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Aug 13, '10 5:56am PST 
I saw that on the news. People are sick. I can't even believe that the girlfriend knew what her idiot boyfriend was doing and didn't do a darn thing!!! Makes me sick to my stomach!
[notify]

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Fri Aug 13, '10 7:08am PST 
We agree, SO glad the idiot ran that red light and the police stopped him. Thank goodness this story had a happy ending....

The New Orleans Kittiescheer
[notify]

♥- Nina- ♥- rehomed

Jellybean the- queen <3

Purred: Fri Aug 13, '10 2:42pm PST 
Ugh, people just make me sick. I'm sooo glad Oliver has a new home. I wonder if the GF is aware of the potentially dangerous relationship she's in. I think she's afraid of him DX.
[notify]

Oreo

Who wants to- play?

Purred: Thu Feb 17, '11 5:23pm PST 
The man, Gary Korkuc, has just been acquitted of this! Gave some lame excuse that the cat had fallen or gotten into the food and was taking it for a bath. Apparently the judge agreed and acquitted him on the animal cruelty charge. Just happy to know that at least Oliver has a new home now! But he should have been found guilty at the very least punished somehow!
[notify]

Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Thu Feb 17, '11 10:46pm PST 
That is disgusting! Not only should he face charges and jail time for animal abuse, he should have a lifetime ban on having animals. When is this society and the legal system going to wake up and treat animal abusers as the sociopaths that they are? I'm disgusted.
[notify]

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Fri Feb 18, '11 12:24pm PST 
Wasn't the cat in the trunk of his car and (if I remember) had duct tape on his as well??? HOW did he explain that?? Even if it was just in the trunk did the police not find that stange??

We agreee Lucy, another animal abuser getting off with a slap on the wrist....makes us SO angry!!!

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Fri Feb 18, '11 12:47pm PST 
shouldn't riding the cat in the trunk of your car, where there is no access to oxygen be considered animal cruelty?

Should a judge like this really be on the bench? Does he let attempted murderers walk free too? So if I decide to put my ex husband in the trunk of my car and call it an extra passenger seat I hope I get this judge. I'm just saying..
[notify]

Macy

Super- freakey----MEOW!

Purred: Fri Feb 18, '11 1:39pm PST 
I live near where this happened and I know that the local shelters have banned him from adopting from them ever again. I am not sure what the judges deal is, but I have a feeling that since the man has a diagnosis of mental illness that he figured he would just let him go and not pursue the appeal that a lawyer would give based on this information.

I am actually surprised that they went after him, he left the area and went to Florida so he had to be expedited up here for the trial. What a waste of money when there was no punishment given to him.confused
[notify]

Oliver

Give me food and- no one gets- hurt!

Purred: Fri Feb 25, '11 8:36am PST 
WOW thats disgusting shock Oliver probably was mean to the old man because he wasnt so nice to him either. Cats are not dumb. At least he got a second chance at a better life and a new awesome name too!big grin
[notify]