GO!

Retaliation from a County Shelter

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sterling Mithril

Jaws-I\'ll eat- anything!

Purred: Sat Oct 24, '09 7:35pm PST 
Mom is exposing our local county shelter for the killing of her 5 foster kittens that she was fostering FOR THEM! (see my posts in Rescue, Adoptions, and Happy Ending forum for our entire story). Mom is concerned since she is rocking the boat with them, and they are the county shelter who is basically the animal police of where we live. How can Mom keep us 5 cats she already has safe from retaliation from this shelter? She is concerned that they may try to confiscate her cats or trump up fake charges against her to get back at her for stirring up trouble for the shelter. Any Catster know how to make sure us cats can not be taken from Mom? Should she get a lawyer? She does not trust this shelter since they killed her foster kittens that they knew she had bottle fed from the time they were 2 weeks old.
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Sat Oct 24, '09 9:26pm PST 
Do you have a rescue group that can offer you a foster license? They probably won't bother you...don't be scared...is there a limit on pets in your town? My local rescue has turned out to be one of my best friends...there's really no forced limit here...it's late, but I will talk with you more tomorrow if you need me.
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Sat Oct 24, '09 9:31pm PST 
Plus, they're a Shelter, they better not waste money or time bothering you....it's sad, but our local "no kill shelter" is only no kill because they choose their intakes...and the unadoptable cats sometimes just disappear....traded with another shelter for more exposure...but you know what that means...Again, my heart aches for you...they were your babies...please know you won't be forgotten for what you did for them...you will be rewarded one day, I believe in that...
[notify]

Lady

the queen

Purred: Sun Oct 25, '09 1:33am PST 
as long as your house is decently clean, kitties are fed, in good health, have there shots, and are happy, you should not have a problem. also, if you have been to the same vet, just give them the vets number, tell them to go talk to them too. aninal control basically is looking for neglected/abused animals, if everything is good, they will wonder way there was a complaint, then tell everything going on, watch them go to the shelter to talk to some people for filing a false report. basically, you need not to worry, even if you are over the limit on kitties, as long as everything is fine, and there in good shape, i doubt they will even care. keep us updated.
[notify]

Sterling Mithril

Purred: Sun Oct 25, '09 11:43am PST 
Lady,
We are all indoor kitties, and Mom is going to call our vet Monday to make sure we all up to date on our shots and whatever else the county requires. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.
[notify]

Sterling Mithril

Purred: Sun Oct 25, '09 11:45am PST 
Ava Corrine,
Mom likes your idea of getting a foster license from a rescue group. Mom has been thinking for awhile now about working with a no-kill rescue group instead of this county shelter. She is going to call one and see about being a foster for them.
[notify]

Jet Giotto

Born Friday the- 13th

Purred: Sun Oct 25, '09 2:54pm PST 
The people at that shelter should put the animals first not thier purrrsonal agendas. What a bunch of political buttheads...a pox on those mean and nosey peoples.

Jet Giotto
[notify]

Gracie- ~Adopted!

Never give up!

Purred: Mon Oct 26, '09 7:25pm PST 
The local rescues have been there for me when no one else would or could...if you're in Indiana or Chicago, you must call Strays in the Garden or Catsnap of Lagrange, IL...they really stepped up to the plate and deserve recognition! Griffith Animal Control is great as well. Some of the LARGER shelters seem to only cater to certain towns, I think for money...
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Tue Oct 27, '09 8:11am PST 
i dont know if you still plan on alerting the media on this..i know its hard..but i think you should! you put time and effort into these kittens and they were killed. People need to know what there tax dollars are paying for.

i doubt they would come after you. heck, half the time i cant convince local animal control to go after people who are FOR REAL abusing there cats!

This is why i dont work with other rescues. I get critized all the time for not joining up with the big guys, but they are allways so nasty to me!

im sure there are nice rescues out there who have foster programs, but so far all my experince has been negitive.
[notify]

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Wed Oct 28, '09 8:24pm PST 
Miss Tiny I UNDERSTAND>

People get down on me for not joining a group. I did for a while and I didn't agree with all their policies.

Plus, I don't trust them to find good homes. None of the shelters/rescues in my area screen. If you say you'll keep the cat indoors and your landlord (you dont have to show proof!) says you can have a cat, they'll give you one.

I like working on my own for these reason.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2