GO!

CAT/DOG FUR TRADE IN CHINA...

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Calypso

Calypso- Greek sea nymph

Purred: Sat Mar 31, '07 2:06pm PST 
DOGSTE R AND CATSTER VIDEO
Dear Dogsters,

There is a group of dedicated Chinese animal activists who strongly opposes animal cruelty occuring in China known as the CACA.

At this blog, they have posted a live videotape showing a snippet of the atrocious dog and cat fur trade. As we all know, Ebay and other websites have been selling fur-laden items which, unbeknownst to many until recently, were the hides of wild dogs and cats.

Please watch this video only if you can handle the graphic nature of its contents.

Fighting the good fight,

R

http://shockingchinatrade-dog-and-cat-fur.blogspot.co m/
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 1, '07 1:44am PST 
Calypso, thank you for posting this. I'm glad that there are groups like this in China that are trying to fight this awful trade.

Catsters, if you possibly can, please watch the video LINK HERE it may be one of the hardest things you ever do, but it's important that you don't just bury your heads in the sand.

If you buy fur even as a trim on your coat or gloves, the chances are you are helping to fund this evil trade.

We all know how much manufacturing comes from China these days. Everything you pick up seems to say MADE IN CHINA on it. It's because our companies can get things from there cheaply and sell it to you at a bigger profit. These businesses aren't asking too many questions about the origin of the goods they buy.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - if you buy a furry cat toy that is made in China - ask yourself if your kitty is playing with a piece of dead cat or dog.

I'm sorry to go on about this - I've seen the video - please watch it yourself.

Leida.
[notify]

Bambi

Little Woman

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 12:20am PST 
red faceOh my God what kind of world do we live in. I know, I know Ive watched all the fur farm videos, and the cat and dog trade videos and I have never been the same since Ive watched them. Everyday I reflect on this stuff and I hurt... Will it ever stop??red face
[notify]