GO!

CAT WASHING VIDEO IS WRONG

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4  
Brady

Lazy Dayz Uni. - Do nothing, then- sleep

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '07 11:58pm PST 
I found that video just now, and even though I'm not a youtube member I am going to sign up, flag and bitch the hell out of them. I tried NOT to cry as that poor cat jumped and flailed around like a jumping bean. The only way a cat should be bathed, is by hand with love and support every step of the way.
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '07 2:06am PST 
I haven't been able to find this yet. Does anyone have a link to it or what to search for? frown

Leida.
[notify]

Brady

Lazy Dayz Uni. - Do nothing, then- sleep

Purred: Fri Mar 30, '07 12:44am PST 
If you want to see it, here's the full clip of it. Warning: Can make a grown person cry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vLSj83gf2K4
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Fri Mar 30, '07 3:14pm PST 
Thanks Brady and thanks for the warning. it's bedtime in the UK, so I'll watch it in the morning I think. frown

Leida
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Sat Mar 31, '07 1:27am PST 
Well I watched it. frown What on earth were the company that made that torture chamber thinking? They quite obviously know nothing about cats, that's for sure.

What I also found extremely disturbing was that 'Tarv' the poster of the video seems to have apparently put it there simply because he (assuming it's a he) knew that it would upset people. Here's his own comment about the video =
"Cat vs. PetSpa

Audio removed due to copyright issues. This video makes me extremely happy, so I created a version that will hopefully be allowed to stay up on YouTube"

Now why would any sane human be "extremelly happy" by a video showing an animal in distress?

There seems to be some sort of culture out there that thinks that showing compassion for other living creatures is not cool. And posting something like this is somehow 'macho'.

We seem to have a generation of sociophobes that have no understanding for the feelings of others. Sorry, that's a generalisation and I know that the majority of young people are responsible with animals.

YouTube and other video hosting companies are full of this sort of stuff and the people who post it seem to feed of the anger that they create.

Leida.
[notify]

Leida

Stats Cat

Purred: Sat Mar 31, '07 2:52am PST 
Ooops red face I meant to call that loser a 'sociopath' not a "sociophobe".

I apologise to any sociophobes reading this.

Leida.
[notify]

Bambi

Little Woman

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 12:24am PST 
red faceSome more sicko's trying to make money off of torturing poor defensless animals. Will it ever stop???red face
[notify]

Magdalene

Don't just stand- there, pet me!

Purred: Tue Jul 3, '07 7:49am PST 
Cats need to be bathed occasionally if the get dirty, and pictures of them after this experience can be funny, but only if the cat needed it and is more annoyed than terrirfied. Terified darlings are NOT FUNNY. Kittys are not toys. And bathing a cat just for laughs is only acceptable if you are a small child who dosen't know better (long story). Pain should not be happy or funny.
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4