GO!

CAT WASHING VIDEO IS WRONG

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Peyton

Purred: Wed Jan 31, '07 3:18pm PST 
Just saw on CNN.com about the video sweeping UTube about a cat washing device. They are calling it Cat washing hell. I'm telling my dad to write an email to CNN and UTube to take these videos DOWN. We don't need to put ideas in people's minds on how to torment a poor cat. And whether the device (which is marketed by a pet groomer) is necessary or not, I can't say. But showing it on the web and making a video out of some cat's sheer terror is not amusing!
[notify]

Kirby

Kirby the Great

Purred: Wed Jan 31, '07 4:17pm PST 
Yeah, mom and I watched it. That Kitty is NOT happy! The poor baby was terrified. I can't believe that the owner (if that is who it is) didn't stop it right away!!!

I don't know why people are so mean to cats.
[notify]

Donny the Astro-Kitty

My heart is- broke.

Purred: Wed Jan 31, '07 4:40pm PST 
Wow, that is TOTALLY so not cool!
[notify]

Arnold P.- Sweetie Boy- Forever

Sweetie-boy

Purred: Wed Jan 31, '07 6:34pm PST 
I saw it too. It is SO wrong. What took the owner so long to get that poor kitty out of that thing? shrug
[notify]

♥Madd- y- McCatterson

Slappin- beagles.......it- 's what I do.

Purred: Wed Jan 31, '07 7:22pm PST 
I was very bothered by how many people thought it was funny. What kind of people thought that was funny? Poor cat.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Thu Feb 1, '07 8:15am PST 
I also saw the video. I was quite disturbed, and angry at the cats owners for doing this to their poor kitty. I also read their comments which clearly stated that they thought this would be a better alternative to getting kitty cleaned and once they saw how their cat reacted, they will never do this again.
To be fair, we do not know how the "cat wash" works. It could lock while in washing mode and they couldn't get the cat out. I have not seen the CNN coverage, so I do not know how much information they provided about the device. Frankly it seems very unsafe to me, and rather than go after the people who posted the video, why not try to get this device taken off the market.
I also saw a video of a dog in the wash. Although the dog didn't seem to mind as much as the cat, I still think it's a bad idea. The first thing I thought about this way of washing was EAR INFECTION waiting to happen.
[notify]

Stuie C.- Smith

- Handsome Devil-

Purred: Thu Feb 1, '07 8:55am PST 
I just saw this video. It was horrible. Why is youtube allowing this?

cry
[notify]

Cletus - Smith (One- BAD Kitty)

Bad To- The Bone-

Purred: Thu Feb 1, '07 9:01am PST 
Please - everycat - send youtube a message & tell them what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/contact
[notify]

Stuie C.- Smith

- Handsome Devil-

Purred: Thu Feb 1, '07 10:10am PST 
It is on MySpace also. Please write & tell them what you think!
[notify]

Cletus - Smith (One- BAD Kitty)

Bad To- The Bone-

Purred: Thu Feb 1, '07 10:19am PST 
Please contact the people that make this awful machine also...

PetSpaUSA.com

Thanks!
xoxoxo

kitty
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4