GO!

Surprise in Luna's back end

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Luna

Purred: Sat Nov 9, '13 2:04pm PST 
We were told Luna(originally Charlie) was a female kitten. Today after some curiosity from my bf, we looked up how to determine sex of a cat. So sure enough, we lift up the tail only to find what appears to be a penis sticking out. Time for a name change, I guess.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Nov 9, '13 5:01pm PST 
Sometimes it's hard to tell what the gender is shrug Boys don't have the penis hanging out. You can see the testicles kind of further dwon the butt area.

Edited by author Sat Nov 9, '13 5:06pm PST

[notify]

Luna

Purred: Sat Nov 9, '13 10:27pm PST 
Oh no, this was most certainly a penis. When he lifted up the tail it poked out to say "yes, hello, I am boy." And then went back in.
[notify]

Violet

Just a beautiful- flower named- Violet!

Purred: Tue Nov 12, '13 6:48am PST 
Aww, LOL! Poor kid has to have his name changed! A friend of mine just got a kitten who was so young, they couldn't tell, so they gave her a gender neutral name and called her Pepper, eventually finding out that she was indeed a girl.

Violet's hair is so long, and she was only 2 mos. old when I got her, so when I took her for her first vet visit, literally the first thing I asked them was to just double check that she was a girl. They confirmed that she was, and I said, "Good, now I don't have to re-order her name tag so that it says 'Benny' on it!" big grin

My best friend from high school had a cat who she thought was a boy, so they named the cat Herbie, and then found out Herbie was a girl. But they kept the name because they thought it might be confusing for her if they changed it. Which, a year or so later when the cat became pregnant, lead to confusing outburts such as "Mom! Hurry up, Herbie's having her litter!"

Edited by author Tue Nov 12, '13 6:50am PST

[notify]

Luna

Purred: Tue Nov 12, '13 1:01pm PST 
We decided to keep him Luna since cats don't have the social construct of gender roles like people. He still going to be my pretty little princess. Lol
[notify]