GO!

Just got a 6-week old Siamese kitty!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Purred: Wed Oct 23, '13 4:46pm PST 
I just got a 6-week old Siamese female kitten and will be looking in the next week or two to find another kitten to join her. In the mean time, this is the first cat that I have ever had and the first real pet (other than birds) since I was 1 or 2 years old. I will be looking online for tips and advice on how to raise it properly but I wanted to ask for some suggestions on here. For example, this kitty is not litter trained yet. How do I go about on training her? Also, the kitten is no longer bottle fed and the people that I got her from said that they mix dry and wet food to feed her. I would appreciate all the advice. I work from home and study from home and my girlfriend works as a teacher during the day. We will take good care of this kitten as well as the other friend that we will be looking in getting for her soon. Thanks in advance and hope all is well. smile happy dance
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Oct 23, '13 5:31pm PST 
6 weeks is a bit too young to be taken away from mom shrug

For diet, read everything at Catinfo.org way to go Diet is one very important part of keeping your kitten healthy for life way to go

Don't mix dry food and canned food together shock When dry food gets wet, harmful bacteria starts to grow shock Feed dry food in a separate bowl from canned food. I personally wouldn't even feed any dry food (see Catinfo.org).

You can use Kitten Attract litter to train your kitten to use the litter box. Make sure your kitten can get in and out of the litter box easily. A low sided box will work for now.
[notify]

Purred: Wed Oct 23, '13 7:12pm PST 
Thanks. Yes, it is too young but the people that I got the kitty from would simply sell her to someone else (got it for $90) and it wouldn't go back to the mother. They said the mother was also rejecting the litter (not sure if true or not). I will get her a companion within a few days but the best thing would be to take care of her as best as possible which I will do. The other littermates were already gone. She was the last one.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Thu Oct 24, '13 8:55am PST 
Check out the local shelters and rescue for a companion smile Many have kittens and other young cats. Petfinder.com is a good place to start smile
[notify]

Purred: Thu Oct 24, '13 11:43am PST 
Thanks so much for the responses. I will definitely look for a companion for her very soon. Today she used the litter and it was great. She was a bit shy afterwards but then she became a new cat! So energetic. So playful. So inquisitive. Of course I am feeding her wet food and will take care of her to the utmost degree. I work out of home and study from home so I can take care of it when my girlfriend is at work. Thanks so much again. smile
[notify]

Violet

Just a beautiful- flower named- Violet!

Purred: Fri Oct 25, '13 8:45am PST 
Congrats on the new baby!
[notify]