GO!

Why is my kitten growling at the new stray kitten?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Henri

Purred: Sat Oct 12, '13 1:22am PST 
I got my stray henri 3 weeks ago on sunday,he is still very shy,but spends loads of time on my lap!But hides if anyone comes over.And i found a female kitten,about the same size in an ally today.and caught her and brought her home.She is in a huge wire dog crate with toys food,water,litter box,rug and blanket.In the livingroom.Till she learns the litter box. But poor henri,the only thing he does is run over there and growl at her,and try to attack her through the wire!!!!I don't understand why?Is he jelouse all ready? Or just mean? I know he had a ruff life before he got to me,because he's still half scared. But wow!
[notify]

Lady

the queen

Purred: Sun Oct 13, '13 5:01pm PST 
yes, Henri can be jealous. we got lady, then got baby 2 months later and lady was hissing and growling at her. it took about 3-5 days for lady not to hiss and growl at her. just go slowly, and they should get use to each other.

purrs
[notify]

Henri

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 6:59pm PST 
Thanks! They are doing better together,he only growls and chases her a little now!LOL They are both asleep on my lapsmile
[notify]

Lady

the queen

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 7:04pm PST 
sounds like lady & baby, by the 3 day, lady was chasing baby, not really hissing or growling, glad to hear they are getting along.
[notify]

Loco

I may look like- a good girl-but- i ain't!

Purred: Wed Nov 6, '13 6:55pm PST 
Your kitten is being territorial. He wants you and the house all to himself. He thinks he owns you. Thats pretty much what all kitties think. They own YOU. So, he doesnt want her to take over, thats what he's afraid of. He thinks he might lose you to that kitten.

⇡ IMO, thats what Im sure of. Go with what you want, but thats what I think big grin
[notify]