GO!

Suckling Obsession?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Bastian

Oh, you don't- play? Too bad!

Purred: Sat Jul 6, '13 7:36pm PST 
I adore my 9 1/2 week old kitten Bastian! He's playful, rambunctious, comical...

But whenever he lays on my lap or curls up on my chest during bedtime... He tries to suck on my fingers, my ears, etc. It is pretty disturbing! MOL, simply because my other kitten Bubbles doesn't have a suckling desire... And I don't like kittens trying to suckle my ears nor do I like them trying to root around in my hair!

I got him, weaned, at 8 weeks old. So I am not sure if that hasn't anything to do with it. I don't see why... Bubbles was very young when I got her at 5 1/2 weeks old, but she isn't seeking to suckle or anything... And he only wants to suckle on my fingers and such when I am trying to cuddle him. I usually put him on the floor when he does this, or simply tell him NO and give him a toy... But he still persists.

Any ideas to what 2 causing this? What can I do to stop this... It isn't a MAJOR concern... I'd rather he just not do it! laugh out loud
[notify]