GO!

Do 9 week old kittens teeth?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Luna

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 4:22pm PST 
I've just gotten two 9 week old Tortie kittens. They took very well to their new home after the first day, and now on day 4-5 they act like they own the place! (:

I was wondering if kittens are this age or at all, go through a teething stage? They are very playful, but sometimes when cuddling they will start chewing on my fingers, and have been starting to chew on my furniture!

If this is teething, what are suggested toys/teething items to use for this? Or just them run their course & keep a good eye on them! LOL. I don't want them ruining my furniture or chewing on my loose cords!

I have always had kittens around 4-5 months old, and never this young, and have never noticed a teething period in other cats I've raised. So, I have no idea what to do in this situation!!
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Jun 23, '13 12:50pm PST 
Some kitties like to chew. Felix is like that still. They do have little nubby toys just for chewing. I also got Felix these things called Chew Stix. They are full of catnip & he loves to chew them flat. You could try that or maybe some freeze dried chicken breast treats that they need to chew on to eat.
[notify]

Luna

Purred: Fri Jun 28, '13 6:56am PST 
Thank you! I've actually never heard of the chew sicks! I will def go check that out! (:
I'm starting to believe they have been chewing on my fingers because of my rings! They seem to want them all the time, lol.

Can you by the chicken any where? Or are they sold in certain places?
I have actually been running around trying to find a better kitten food for my kitties, because the dry kitten food we have now, seems to not agree with their systems. (Their poop has been runny, and very gassy!) The last store I checked literally did not sell any form of cat food, ONLY cat litter and a wack of dog foods and toys. I was a little peeved. I keep hearing canned food is better, but I had always thought canned for was as a treat for kitties! ;S
[notify]