GO!

I don't purr!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Kiki

Attack!!

Purred: Wed Apr 24, '13 12:59pm PST 
My meowmie wants to know if it is okay that I'm not the purring type. I am very affectionate and social but I just don't purr. I often close my eyes and lean into a touch. Is my purrbox broken or am I just not the purring type and I show my affection and love in other ways?
[notify]

Iba

World's Best- Kitten- Socializer

Purred: Wed Apr 24, '13 3:24pm PST 
When your mom puts a finger under your chin, can she feel vibrations? Some cats just don't vocalize their purrs. I don't. The three heathens I live with do, really loudly. But I don't. I'm just like you. I butt heads and snuggle and love on my mom, but the only way she can tell if I'm purring or not is to feel it.

***This is Iba's mom--Some cats just don't vocalize their purrs. It takes all kinds....***
[notify]

Kiki

Attack!!

Purred: Wed Apr 24, '13 8:55pm PST 
I only let Mommy touch my throat on special occasions. I'm the type to just hang out in the same room and not require much petting. I do have to be in the same room as Mommy at all times, but beyond that I'd rather play than be petted! smile
[notify]

KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Thu Apr 25, '13 9:32am PST 
I was like that when I was little, our mom was likecry my cat don't purr.
I was purring but really softly, so soft you could barely hear it,
put your ear to the cat and see if you can hear it then.. or finger under the throat. I think when he/she gets bigger you will hear it more.
[notify]

Iba

World's Best- Kitten- Socializer

Purred: Thu Apr 25, '13 4:51pm PST 
Age/size doesn't necessarily mean that there's any better chance of purrs being vocalized. Iba's almost 4 and I still can't hear him purr. I think I've heard him once and that was because he was right next to me and it was early in the morning when there wasn't much noise.
[notify]

Kiki

Attack!!

Purred: Fri Apr 26, '13 11:22am PST 
Well Mommy is pleased to find out that I knead during the night! It's so nice to have a bit of a massage before laying down to sleep. Also Daddy says he can feel me rumble my purrs so yay! my purr box isn't broken! I'm just very quiet. dancing
[notify]

Kiki

Attack!!

Purred: Wed May 15, '13 11:40am PST 
Sorry for the double post but I thought I would check in. I do purr, a LOT now! I'm such a cuddler even more so now that i'm getting older and just a few touches on the side of my face and on my back and i'm purring like crazy!
[notify]