GO!

Slight concern about food change

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Sun Feb 17, '13 6:10am PST 
I recently put my cats back on Wellness, regular Wellness, not the core, and only the turkey, chicken and beef varieties. They had previously been eating Newman's Own Organics, which had quite a bit of brown rice in it, and I felt like the cats were constantly hungry. They are SO much better....like night and day different, as far as being satisfied with being fed twice a day now. My concern is that since the change, they seem to be peeing quite a bit more. I do put warm water in their food when I feed them, I did that before. I have a breeze litter box, so it's pretty easy to gauge how much they are peeing. I just wondered if this seemed concerning, or if I am over reacting, LOL, I tend to do that a lot with my kitties. I'm loving how content they are now, especially Stephano, the kitten, he was absolutely stark raving mad for food before the change, driving us bonkers. Now he is resting comfortably on my laptop as I type this smile No one seems to be running off to the box more, I just notice the volume of pee is more.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '13 3:56pm PST 
I think that with the Wellness being a higher protein food, they are probably getting more water from the food - utilizing it better. If they are all doing that I wouldn't worry. Having a cat with urinary issues, I love to see big pees! mol!
[notify]