GO!

Scary kitten accident...but he's ok

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 12:43pm PST 
My daughter's 4 month old kitten Boots lost one of his cat lives last night. Thank God, my mother in law was home. Mother in law was busy working on her computer, she heard Boots running around the living room, nothing unusual, she just figured he was up to his kitten zoomies that he likes to do, when Boots jumped on the table beside her and had his new collar that my daughter just bought him (grrrr....I HATE collars!!) caught in his mouth, which was bleeding. The collar had either cut his mouth, or maybe him clawing at it trying to get the thing off.... don't know, but she said he had blood on his paws. She was in such a panic she grabbed scissors and cut the collar off and just held him. He was so relieved to have that thing off of him. She wiped off his paws, looked at his mouth, decided it wasn't as bad as it looked and he didn't need a vet. She just kept wondering what would have happened if she had not been there. When my daughter told me she got him a collar, just yesterday, I said "oh, I don't like collars, you have to be so careful, especially with kittens", and she assured me it was a safety collar. She wanted to get in id tag for him in case he got out of the house. I'm just so glad he is ok. He is the sweetest little guy. No more collars!
[notify]

Kyubey

PLAY!!! Play- play play play- pl...zzzzzzz

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:38pm PST 
How scary! I scared my mom once when I was little, I jumped up on the stair banister and fell almost fifteen feet to the foor below! eek Luckily I just had the wind knocked out of me, Mom was so scared!!
[notify]