GO!

leaving a very clingy kitten home alone to go to work... :(

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Sun Oct 7, '12 10:47pm PST 
It's Stella. Definitely look into the worming--all kittens except those born to show cats seem to get them from their momcat. Have you seen anything in her pan? They can be very obvious and gross, but even a few can sap a kitten. Is she up to date on her shots?

Such a young kitty to be on her own, but they can handle it. She may need more socialization and training on things that she should have gotten from her momcat. Our person had a cat who was removed from her momcat when she was only 6 weeks old, and she was very clingy and anxious for her whole life. Plus their momcats teach them things like what is good to sharpen your claws on, which if you can switch her to a scratching post now will be a good thing for you and your household. Also they teach them to mouse, so kitties who have been with their mothers, particularly if they are in an environment where there is prey, are the best mousers. I stayed with my momcat until I was 16 weeks and I am a great mouser. [And very modest too! wink] Delyte was raised in a community of cats, where he had lots of adult cats around, and lots of prey, and he is a demon mouser even now when he can't really see very well.

Giant purrs to Socks and hope you two are enjoying your life together! wave
[notify]

socks

Purred: Sun Oct 28, '12 3:58am PST 
quick update - socks went to a recommended vet last week for HIS (yes the mommys owner got it wrong) first shot - hes very healthy, no worms, everything is fine..

I think he has an excess of energy from lazing around all day when I am away, and he refuses to entertain himself. If im not holding whatever it is he's playing with, he loses interest very quickly.. apart from that all is good...
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2