GO!

in appropriate sucking??

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Claude- Hoppurr - Master GR- Com

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Thu Sep 13, '12 6:46pm PST 
All of his life, Purrcy derived comfort from sucking on my earlobe.
Now Claude Hoppurr (16 wks old) is sucking my earlobes - is this really inappropriate (the breeder says it is)- or is it ok? He stops when I ask him to, but is kind of purrsistent about it.
Tell me what you really think!
big grin
[notify]

Benjamin

Tiny Creature

Purred: Thu Sep 13, '12 10:19pm PST 
My Kizmet suckled on my earlobes from the moment I got him until he passed away at 10 years old. it's only inappropriate if you are uncomfortable with it. I never minded, although at times I got annoyed at 3am. LOL. It comforted him and made him happy. It was his thing.

Now, if it's happening a lot, or if it's interfering with meal times, then it could be an issue. But lots of cats suckle on one thing or another. (Believe it or not, Kizmet, when rooting around for a good place to suckle, found my nipple. I loved that cat more than my next breath, but that felt a little too weird! haha)

Benjamin, who came to me at 7 weeks, spent his first days meowing like crazy, rooting around for a place to suck. It broke my heart to see him so distressed. He found my armpit one night, and calmed right down. He's 3 now, and he still does it pretty much every day.
[notify]