GO!

Suckling at 6 months old

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Osinka

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 10:55am PST 
Dear catster community,
I have two cats. One of the is a teenage kitten of almost 6 months old and she periodically suckles on the older cat. The older cat definitely cannot produce milk, so, as far as i understand, the suckling behavior of the smaller cat can be explained as a that she needs a pacifier and was not properly weaned. After suckling, the kitten only licks the food and doesn't chew it. I guess, expecting liquid food instead.
I was wondering whether someone can advise on the problem. Does that behavior stops after neutering? I bought taste deterrent that I wanted to put on the older cat, but that might prevent her from cleaning herself...
[notify]

Charlie

Spitter par- excellence

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 11:27am PST 
I have 2 that suckle the earlobes of my son and myself. Ginge is almost 3 and Charlie is 4 months. I just let them get on with it. I doubt your female will put up with it much longer tbh, thier teeth hurt.
[notify]