GO!

How were you named?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Iba

World's Best- Kitten- Socializer

Purred: Sat Jan 26, '13 7:45pm PST 
Mom is a big Oklahoma State fan and Henry Iba was the basketball coach there a long time ago. Since I'm an orange tabby and OSU's colors are orange and black, she named me Iba.

Fiyero was one of two foster kittens, and because Mom loves the musical Wicked, she named them Elphaba and Fiyero. Sadly, Elphie was always really sick and ended up dying, but Fiyero is still here and doing great!

Trek is Mom's little adventure boy. When she first got him and Laila, he figured out how to climb out of the laundry basket they were all in, off the sofa, around the living room, then back up on the sofa. Pretty impressive for a 4 week old furball.

Laila is Trek's sister and Mom says she's a fighter. She was named after Laila Ali, the boxer (and daughter of Muhammad Ali). She likes to wrestle with her littermates, and when they were all kittens and wearing safety collars, hers was always the first to disappear in the wrestling matches.
[notify]

Kosuteh

Biting means I- love you..- right?

Purred: Wed Jan 30, '13 7:21pm PST 
I was named after Daddy's World of Warcraft character Kosuteh. smile
[notify]

Lieutenant- Dan

Never give up!

Purred: Thu Jan 31, '13 9:13pm PST 
Lieutenant Dan was named after Lieutenant Dan Taylor from the movie Forrest Gump, but we just call him LT for short. LT Dan was my favorite character from that film, and although LT has legs, they don't work, and so I thought it was pretty fitting. Some people think his name is cruel, but I guess they forgot how great of a guy LT Dan Taylor is!

Little Foot was so named because when she came into the shelter she had a horribly swollen and pus filled foot. After tending to her "little feet", the name wound up sticking.
[notify]

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '13 10:53am PST 
I was named after the F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen, probably because my colours are similar to the Lotus he drives! kitty
[notify]

Heero

Bossy Little- Leader

Purred: Fri Feb 15, '13 3:13pm PST 
We've two kittens and we had a bit of time as we were waiting to bring them home. My boyfriend named one and I named the other.

Hiro: Named after my boyfriend's favourite Gundam Wing pilot (he says that there's a deeper meaning but I need to watch the show in order to figure that out).

Shiva R.: Named after a friend that passes away a few years ago and my uncle who passed away recently.
[notify]

Evie

Pay attention to- me!!! NOW!!!

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '13 10:41am PST 
Evie is named after Evel Knievel because the first night I had her, she did a running jump on to my waist to help me do dishes. She lives up to her name and is a crazy litle monster!
[notify]

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 1:46am PST 
Tia got her name because the SPCA had her named 'Tortillia.'
[notify]

Jak-ke

Beauty Queen!

Purred: Thu Feb 28, '13 1:01am PST 
Jak-ke I wanted to name something from a different language and thought to look up translations for the words "small" and "tiny", as she is half the size of a normal cat. I was told Jak-ke was Korean for tiny and liked it and named her that. Upon futher research it seems the Korean word for tiny is Jag-eun not Jak-ke and Jak-ke is actually Danish or something and can mean the word for "fashion", which still fits her I guess. (also mean "jacket" which kinda sucks)
Funny thing though I geuss the word Jak-ke means "jacket" or "fashion" but Jak-ke in name form is a Finnish name for Jacob, which is my husband's name. lol
That is what I get for looking into a language I do not know. lol

Tao and Drew sort of have the same name origin.
When my mother's cat, Girl, had a surprise litter we were not planning on keeping the kittens so I just decided to name them after people I knew that they each acted like. I had one named after my sister and her friend, my husband's brother and another friend. And Tao was the name of my ex boyfriend who was very tall. My cat Tao was the largest so I called her that. Drew the cat was named after my sister's ex boyfriend because she was kinda mean and he was rude so we called her Drew.
Turned out my husband and I fell in love with Tao the cat and kept her, then when we rehomed the kittens no one wanted Drew the cat so we ended up keeping her.
So that is how I ended up with cats named after my sister and I's ex boyfriends. lol
I now see the names as my cats though, the exes need to rename themselves. smile

Edited by author Thu Feb 28, '13 1:13am PST

[notify]

Pocket

Has a Split- Personality

Purred: Mon Mar 4, '13 6:45pm PST 
Pocket's name was created while she was laying in my step-dad's lap. He was sitting in a computer chair. He had his right leg bent over his left with just enough space in between for Pocket, then unnamed, to lay. She fit in there perfectly. It was then that we decided that the name Pocket was perfect for her. I have to say it is unique as well. wink
[notify]

Xena

They call me- Last Cat, now- why is that?

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 10:29am PST 
The kids wanted to name her Katness after the hunger book character but since she was a very skinny starving stray obviously she wasn't much of a hunter. We decided on Xena the Warrior princess after she chased a huge tom out of the yard she decided was now her yard. He was twice her size but she didn't hesitate once. Kids hate the name but she comes to it like it was made for her.
[notify]

(Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5