GO!

How were you named?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 5: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Shadow

See this belly?- Bet you wanna- rub it?

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 1:46pm PST 
Daddy wanted a to name a cat Shadow, so that's how I got my name. Since my brother and I were twins, Mommy wanted our names to go together. So she named him Phantom. Then another black and white kitty who looked a lot like us found us when we were on out walk one evening. Mommy said he looked sick and hungry so she brought him inside and fed him and got him healthy again. Since he looked like I us, Mommy stuck with the naming theme and called him Shade. kitty
[notify]

Stanley

boo boo cat

Purred: Tue Sep 18, '12 6:54pm PST 
Stanley got his name behind the Eminem song Stan.

I was always a dog person, never really cared much for cats because I like the activity level of dogs. I couldn't have a dog so I reaserched cat breeds and decided a bengal would fit my lifestyle best. I located a breeder, picked a kitten and absolutly fell in love. He was a dog in a cats body. After a year I decided I wanted another so I called the same breeder and got another kitten from the same two parents and had a pair of brothers. A little over a year later I ended a relationship with the girl I was living with and she flat out told me I couldn't have the cats. Not even one, regardless that I researched, paid for (quite a bit of money for both of them) and was really the only one who cared for them,played with them daily (bengal owners know they need playtime every day or they are very rowdy) fed them. walked them ect.

About 3 weeks go by and I am still pleading for at least one of my cats, during this time she is stalking me, logging into my facebook, email, checking out forum boards, calling female friends of mine and just not acting appropriatly. I remembered that her truck was registered to me so I told her give me one of my cats or I am selling the truck. After much arguing and negotiating we agreed that she would buy me a new kitten, full sibling to my other two and once the breeder told me he was paid for I would sign over ownership of the truck back to her. I decided I wanted a silver rosette this time ( I had a brown spotted and seal lynx point snow before)and he just happened to have one. My friends and I refered to my x as a stan, like the pshyco stalker from the song and knowing that she will be soon forgotten I didn't want to forget the crazy story behind how I got to have this wonderfull kitten/cat as part of my life so I named him Stan. Plus its a darn cute name !!
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 7:38pm PST 
My name was originally Brownie, but my Mommy didn't really like it. When she brought me home, while I explored my new home, I squeaked. She liked watching the Cosby Show and on one episode there was a dog named Squeakers, so, because I squeaked, she called me Squeakers.
[notify]

Mojo:- DB-in-Traini- ng #51

Mr. Pouffy Tail

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 7:42pm PST 
My original name was Jezzy. At first, my Mom thought it was Jazzy, but then when she found out it was Jezzy, she thought it either sounded like Jazzy or Jezzy. When she came to the shelter to pick me up the adoption counselor lady said that she could rename me. I had only been Jezzy for a few weeks.

My Human likes that show My Cat From Hell, and has a crush on that Jackson Galaxy dude, and he talks about cat mojo, so she named me Mojo
[notify]

Shadow

See this belly?- Bet you wanna- rub it?

Purred: Sat Sep 22, '12 5:48pm PST 
Teehee, Mojo! My mommy has a crush on that guy too. She has his book and everything. I think she's obsessed. laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]

Phoebe- ♥

Purring for my- Boo Bear

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '12 9:08am PST 
I got Phoebe's name from the bird, the Eastern Phoebe.

One of the first days she had free run of the house after she was spayed I was driving myself crazy trying to come up with a name for her. I was sitting in front of the slider door in the dining room reading my literature textbook and Phoebe was sitting at the door watching birds. A bird came right up to the door and made a "fee-bee! fee-bee!" sound. Each time the bird chirped, Phoebe chirped back. I ran and got my Mom's bird book and it turned out the bird was an Eastern Phoebe. That is how she got her name, and her nickname is Peeps.

Furman is named after a kid I went to high school with who was a hippie., and kind of a wanderer. When this beautiful kitty showed up in my backyard I knew that was his name immediately, just changed the spelling from Fir to Fur, since he is a catsmile

Sassy had the name when she was adopted form the SPCA, and it fit her perfectly.

Polka Dot was originally a Pokey, but she had the cute dot on her nose so Pokey was changed to Polka Dot. She had a million nicknames, she also answers to Dorothy Jean, Dottie Rashada Jackarinda, Spot the Dot, etc, etc, etc...

Missy was named Melissa Callie because my brother and I both have M names with seven letters, I am not sure where the Callie came from. smile
[notify]

Ozzy

Purred: Sat Oct 13, '12 6:59pm PST 
I was named Ozzy because..well you cant have Sharon without Ozzy, and I may be a little..crazy like the man himself.
[notify]

Purred: Wed Oct 17, '12 3:43am PST 
Hi,
Nice posts I find here and all suggested names are really fantastic and I have chosen few names for my upcoming kitten.kitty
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Wed Oct 17, '12 7:53pm PST 
Coopurr. After Anderson Cooper. He was even featured on Anderson's website last season because I have a video of him gnawing on the head of my Anderson Cooper bookmark! LOL!
[notify]

Havoc's- Angel

Adventure time!

Purred: Sat Oct 20, '12 2:57pm PST 
I got my name when I knocked a cup of dr. pepper over that my mom's sister was drinking, so they named me Havoc, for all the havoc I caused as a kitten, good times, good times.
Max was named for....I don't really know why he was named that, maybe cause he looked like a 'Max'
Little Gurl was named for her size because she's also been little, she had kittens: Rose, Skiddles, BJ, and Smokefoot.
Rose was named for her sweetness.
Skiddles was named for her shyness.
BJ was named after my mother's cat, Bobo, who died a month before I was adopted.
Smokefoot is named after a character in a book, mom wanted to give one of them a name from them warrior cats books she reads.

That's how we were named. wave
[notify]

(Page 2 of 5: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5