GO!

Moving out with 2 kittens

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Purred: Wed Jul 4, '12 5:26pm PST 
So a friend and myself are moving out in about 2 weeks time. She has a 6-month-old Ocicat (Narla) and I have a 6-month-old DSH (Ash).

We want to introduce them to each other before we move out to make it easier for everyone. I have moved Ash to my friend's house and she has her own room, away from Narla. Ash has a very wary personality, she gets scared quite easily in new surroundings whereas Narla is more confident.

What is the best way for us to introduce them? The last time they were introduced to each other was when they were about 9 weeks old and there was a lot of hissing and spitting.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated smile
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 9:02am PST 
This is an awful lot of stress for your cats. Kitties are creatures of routine, they don't like change, and you're asking each of them to adjust to a new cat and a new home all at the same time. Recommend that you don't try to introduce them before you move. When you get to the new place, give each of them their own rooms and allow them to explore the house separately for a week or so. Then you can start slow, slow introductions to each other. Go to the behavior pages at ASPCA or cat pages at about.com for info on how to introduce cats. It has to be done slowly or you'll have world war III on your hands. It may take weeks or even months for them to adjust. Hopefully, they'll get along great or at least not bother each other. Good luck.
[notify]