GO!

Over protective Momma

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Sheldon

Sheldor The- Conqueror

Purred: Fri Nov 25, '11 10:20pm PST 
Hi all,
this is my first post but its a large question on my mind. We have a new Momma this year and she's a very good mom, however, now that the kittens are 3-4 months old already and eat real food she is still nursing them and I don't see her about to stop. She is also very very protective. Sheldon, a very playful kitten at heart, plays with the kittens safely and doesn't hurt them but if momma finds them she will chase him all through out the house, until I stop her. What can I do to maybe ease this a bit? The kittens will eventually be indoor and outdoor cats but I'm worried once they get to be a year they will still be nursing and calling out to them and I don't want bad effects on her if one prefers to be outside all the time. I hope this makes sense but is there maybe a way I can calm her down?

Thanks for any help you can give
[notify]