GO!

New Kitten...is he ok?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 10:14am PST 
Hello! I rescued a kitten about one week ago from my local animal control. He is about 10 wks old. Up until today he has been doing great! Today there was some yellow vomit on the floor and some diarrhea in his box...he also isn't his happy, purring self frown I wasn't told what he was eating and he wasn't there that long. I have been feeding him Whiskas dry kitten food. Is this more than likely a new food issue? Was thinking of picking up some canned food for him before I go the vet route. Any advice would be appreciated...thanks! Melissa smile
[notify]

CK Angel- Ryder- Knowles

I'm a Carolina- Kitten in New- York!

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 11:15am PST 
Hi Melissa,
I had a little cold when Mommy and Daddy got me. I also had worms. They had to take me to a vet and I got meds.
I was little at the time...8 weeks.
Now I'm a big boy of 5 months.
Listen, please take your little one to the vet. They may need some medicine..it's sometimes the stress of a new environment that will bring out a cold in us.

purrs to you...and good luck!
[notify]

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 2:16pm PST 
Thank you! I took your advice and got him into the vet. He had a very high temp and has an intestinal parasite frown We got some meds and are hopeful he will be just fine smile Melissa smile
[notify]

ZOEY

Growing up with - TORTITUDE

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '11 7:10am PST 
way to go

Melissa, very good you got your new little kitty to the vet. We both had parasites when we were tiny too. It is very common. After a week of pills we were fine and have been ever since.

big hug
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '11 11:30am PST 
Wow......glad you got the kitten to the vet. Little ones can go down so quickly when they are ill.

All of us kitties send MASSIVE amounts of healing purrs, and our Bridge Angels will come to the house and sprinkle "Healing Dust" on your furbaby.

Hope you join CASTER so we can meet the kitty!!!

The New Orleans Kittiesbig hugwelcome
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '11 12:22pm PST 
God Bless You for saving a little life!! hail Hope he creates a giant light in your life!! Luv, Tinkkitty & Snowkitty
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Thu Nov 3, '11 9:16am PST 
Hi Melissa,

Congrats on the new kitten and saving a life! I would definitely recommend a vet visit. He may have picked up a virus at the shelter. Upper Respiratory Infections and other viruses are extremely common in shelters due to the high volume of pets in and out of their doors. I would also bring a stool sample to the vet. Intestinal parasites are also extremely common in kittens (and can cause diarrhea). Ear mites, fleas are also common. Anyway, get your kitten checked out as soon as possible. Sick kittens can decline very rapidly. Your vet will be able to determine what is wrong and what your kitty needs.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Nov 4, '11 10:47am PST 
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond to me! smile I *thought* I had registered so I am not sure why I am showing up as a guest?

Just wanted to update...my little kitten died frown I know that he had Coccidia. Whether he had anything else I am not sure, he went down hill quick and I didn't get the chance to test for anything else.

I do have 2 other cats and would still like to be a part of the group here smile

Melissa smile
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Fri Nov 4, '11 3:58pm PST 
I am so very sorry for your loss. At least the little kitten knew that he/she was loved before she died. I am sorry. Please make sure to not use the same food bowls and water bowls etc with your kitties, and be sure they are up to date on their vaccines. If not you might want to consider getting them vaccinated, but only one vaccine at a time.
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Sat Nov 5, '11 1:41pm PST 
I'm SO sorry you lost this little guy before he even had a chance to grow up. Unfortunately, there are those who can't be saved. Hope you will be able to try again. Luv, Tinkkitty & Snowkitty
rainbowrainbowrainbowrainbowrainbow
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2