GO!

12 wk old kitten on a 3+ hour car trip?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Gypsy

Purred: Sat Oct 15, '11 6:04pm PST 
Yup, I'm staying at home until I'm 12-13 week old. The breeder actually said that I could leave after I was completely weaned around 9weeks, but the Dads are going away next weekend. So, they'll come get me the weekend after that.

As it turns out, the delay is probably a happy coincidence, since it sounds like kittens get a lot of socialization between 9-12 weeks that helps prepare them to go out into the world.

My Dads are hoping that those three weeks help me greet them and my new home with my ears forward and my tail held high. Did I mention they're going to spoil me rotten? smile
[notify]

ZOEY

Growing up with - TORTITUDE

Purred: Sat Oct 15, '11 11:11pm PST 
You are a lucky little girl Gypsy!!

I am so excited for your Dads and for you!
happy dance
[notify]

Samson

The Mighty- Samson

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 7:43am PST 
Hi Gypsy - just wanted to jump in and welcome you to Catster. Your dads are to be commended for giving you a warm, loving forever home. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice, except to say please stay in the carrier during your trip...accidents in cars do happen and I'd like to hear that you arrived safe and sound!!
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 9:09am PST 
Gypsy: We just thought abut something else that might help you on our trip home. Dads - call the breeder and ask them to keep the towel or blanket that Gypsy sleeps on and give it to you all to put in her carrier on her trip to her new home. These familiar smells will help to comfort her on the trip. Any particular toys she enjoys playing with would be good also.

You not only have two dads and a wonderful, furrever home waiting Gypsy, but lots of kitties and humans waiting to welcome you as well.

The New Orleans Kittieswelcome
[notify]

Gypsy

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 10:18am PST 
They already sent her a crate pad so that I'd have something familiar for the trip and my new home. Thanks to all of you, they realized it might get stained in the car if I get carsick or something, so tomorrow the'll send her a purr pad for me and mom to try out.

The purr pad is really thick, so should keep the litter box from sliding around in my carrier. And it's just a glorified thick layer of quilt batting anyway, so if it gets icky, no big loss. I'll still have the familiar crate pad for my new home.

T-13 days and counting!
[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 10:50am PST 
Gypsy, I've heard the same thing about socialization. You are so lucky to be able to spend that extra time with your mama, so you can learn all you need to know about how to be a cool cat!

Have fun being spoiled rotten at your new home. If you don't have one already, you should start dropping hints for Da Bird. It's an awesome interactive toy that you can play with your humans, and it will give you lots of exercise and help satisfy your hunting instinct. It's the most popular toy at our house!
[notify]

Gypsy

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 11:16am PST 
Yup, they've got da bird ready for me. In fact, I think their main plan to distract me from being too homesick my first night away from mama is da bird, a laser pointer, and boiled chicken.

Edited by author Sun Oct 16, '11 11:17am PST

[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 8:36pm PST 
Yeah Roxy's breeder would not let any kittens go home before 12 weeks old, and actually I think a lot of breeders do that. So it should be good that you are going home at 12 weeks.
I know what the anticipation is like! I remember waiting for Roxy to be old enough to bring her home. kitty
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2