GO!

Loosing teeth!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Picasso

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 1:22pm PST 
Hi,

my cat, Picasso is estimated to be 5 months by a vet.

I found a tooth in her food bowl, and I'm wondering if it's normal for a lost tooth to be spotted with some blood? It's not a lot of blood, and her mouth does not hurt, but I'm curious anyway.

I'm not sure which tooth was lost and I only managed to see the front of Picasso's mouth and all adult teeth are there.. it looks like a mini canine tooth? This led me wondering if she is closer to 6 months of age? Any ideas?

Edited by author Thu Aug 11, '11 1:25pm PST

[notify]

Penny

Cat about town.

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 9:00pm PST 
I lost my kitten teeth a few weeks ago when I turned 5 months. They were slightly bloody, but nothing bad.
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 10:45pm PST 
It is pretty normal at 5 mos, and if it is not actively bleeding from her mouth, it will be okay. Otherwise it would indicate a broken tooth or abcess, and this would usually happen with permanent teeth.
[notify]