GO!

Cats are so much smarter

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Piper

Hey! Hey! You! I- want your- sandwich NOW

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '11 12:39pm PST 
Yesterday my mommy began training me. Of course i already know what most cats do, but my mommy is training me tricks. In less than an hour I can already sit on command! Is anyone else being trained to do tricks like this? I know she's working on trying to train me how to high five people. My mommy said im a very quick learner and 10 times smarter than her dogs are. Is anyone else being trained to do tricks?
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '11 1:40pm PST 
I fetch, which took some work on Meowmmy's part. And I also give kisses on command. Usually the hand, if it's one of Meowm's friends. But with Meowm, I'll kiss her right on the lips! kitty

I also do this thing where I like to suckle my right paw. And when I curl up next to Meowm on the couch, she'll say, "Do you want to suck your thumb?" And so I suck my thumb for her!

Purrs,
Coop
[notify]

Tristan

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '11 3:04pm PST 
I play fetch! I just kind of started because it's fun! I want to learn how to sit on command and to give kisses on command, but my mommy doesn't know how to help train me to do that yet!
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 5:08am PST 
Mom started to clicker train me once. I did pretty well, I learned "Up" and "Down". It was a little hard to have one on one time with mom because everytime she would say "Up", Teaka (the dog) would jump up on the couch, and then when mom would say "Down" Teaka would jump down. I personally think she was just in it for the treats!

Anyway, I know what mom means when she says: Up, Down, Platform, Off, Licks (I'm a major licker), Breakfast, Dinner, Jump up, Time out (I go in my cat tree cubby). I think thats about it. I don't fetch though. But I do know how to play ping pong!! Mom throws me my glitterball and I hit it back to her. Fun times! I'm a pretty smart boy when I want to be. I even know how to open cabinets to get my treats!

happy dance
[notify]

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 6:40am PST 
Oh, we thought you all meant teaching your HUMAN tricks..........MOL...MOL. If so, our meowmy responds to all our command....FEED US....GIVE US TREATS.......FIND OUR TOYS UNDER THE SOFA.....WE NEED TO BE PETTED, etc.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 6:41am PST 
Oh, we thought you all meant teaching your HUMAN tricks..........MOL...MOL. If so, our meowmy responds to all our commands....FEED US....GIVE US TREATS.......FIND OUR TOYS UNDER THE SOFA.....WE NEED TO BE PETTED, etc.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Alexis

loves to take- adventures

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 12:07pm PST 
i can open a closed door. i put my paws on the door until push until it opens. thats only if the door is slighty open. if it is closed all the away i stick paw under the door and pull.

Edited by author Tue Jul 19, '11 12:29pm PST

[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 6:02pm PST 
I'm at the Bridge now, but look at my video on my page; I was 10 when I learned it and would also "get on your chair", 'say meow' and 'go to bed'
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 6:04pm PST 
I taught Meowma to let me fetch, I can open my toy box to get my favorite teasers out and take them to Meowma so we can play.
[notify]

Piper

Hey! Hey! You! I- want your- sandwich NOW

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 8:33pm PST 
I can make my meowmy open doors for me! and give me part of her sandwich. She seems to not give me her sprite when I beg for it though. I've been teaching myself how to open closed doors, because I want to wander when my meowmy goes to bed and brings me with her. She says they found one of my brothers and she petted him, his name is Kent. I'm the smartest cat out of my litter though! And I get fixed next week, I wonder what that means. Oh the twolegs and their odd words.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2