GO!

am i short,medium or long haired?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Boots

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 4:20pm PST 
My cat Boots is 11 weeks old but im not sure what length hair he has?
his hair seems thick and 0.5 to an inch long, however he then has this 'static' coat all over thats up to an inch longer!
I didn't know if this would be lost as he got older or if he'll stay the same.
he hasn't seemed to have molted/malted (sp.??) at all since ive gotten him. Don't think its too clear in the pictures apart from the last one on his profile.
do i need to brush him?how often?

Get cat answers and help
[notify]

Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 4:50pm PST 
You looks just like me!! wave

Tell your mommy, to go to the family dollor store, and gets a human baby brush, the kind with the very soft brisels, and starts brushing you now, just a few strokes, all over, and gives you a treaty before and after, and to keep telling you, what a goody boy you is, you will soon learn, being groomed, is a goody thing! dancing
[notify]

Boots

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 5:21pm PST 
yeah i tried first with one of those metal combs...he didn't like that. i'll try a baby brush though as that seems it wont be as scary!
[notify]

Boots

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 5:27pm PST 
yeah i tried first with one of those metal combs...he didn't like that. i'll try a baby brush though as that seems it wont be as scary!
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 6:30pm PST 
You do! You look like a lil orange Maine Coon
[notify]

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 7:16pm PST 
I'd say you will end up a medium--you definitely aren't short haired. Meowma says to try a Zoom Groom (gently!) as well-it removes a lot of hair and a lot of kitties love it. Do start gently!!
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 27, '11 9:07am PST 
The fact that you have a ruff in your last picture indicates that you are probably be fluffy when you grow up. Zoom Grooming and baby brushes are fine for now, but if you end up with long fur, you should try to get used to a metal comb and the occasional bath. Cute kitty!
[notify]

Boots

Purred: Sun Feb 27, '11 9:49am PST 
Just googled a zoom groom as never heard of it! but thankyou! il try one of those or a baby brush. He just keeps attacking whatever i try and brush him with at the moment...think i'll wait til hes fully knocked out asleep before i try!
think he will be a medium haired...his mother had really short hair but father was unknown, and the people i bought him off didn't seem to know much...
firstly they said he was a girl...
trip to the vet the next day said otherwise.lol.

I love maine coons so hopefully he'll keep some of those traits even if he isn't really one!

thanks again!
[notify]