GO!

Kitten and eye probelm?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 5:17pm PST 
Someone found this kitten about 2 weeks ago. She took it in for about 2 weeks and gave it to me. Yesterday his eyes wasn't this bad, it just had a little eye boogers. Today it got worse as the day ended. Im taking him to the vet, but i was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

He eats and goes to the bathroom fine. Hes really hyperactive during the morning and slept during the whole day. Any suggestions?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rdubzb.png
http://i52.tinyp ic.com/287f9f7.png
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 5:50pm PST 
Kittens often bet upper respiratory infections and it does this to their eyes. She also looks like she's got a drippy nose. I'm glad you're taking her in, they'll just make sure it's nothing more serious than that and probably give you some antibiotics to give her for a couple of weeks. That happened to both Finney and Lacey when they were young. You can also give her L-lysine which is great for the immune system and respiratory issues with kitties. Wait until you've checked with the vet on her condition first. But she actually doesn't look too bad. I've seen much worse. Good thing to take her in now. way to go She'll be okay.
[notify]

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 5:54pm PST 
I had a recent kitten died from FIP,(I waited around 9 weeks before I got a new one)but im just scared he might have it too. IDK why ://. He runs a bit weird,like a bit sideways and he was sneezing earlier. Not all the time, its random

Thankss for your reply
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 6:24pm PST 
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. It's very understandable why you're so nervous. I'm glad though that you're taking her to the vet tomorrow. We'll send you lots of hugs and please keep us posted. I'll be hoping it's only a cold. frown hug
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 6:25pm PST 
Ugh, sorry! HIM, not her. Terribly sorry. My typist/mommy is doing too many things at once! I'll punish her. wink
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Tue Feb 22, '11 3:59am PST 
It could be dust, an upper resp. infection, or nothing. Running sideways could be that he has an ear imbalance, or just that he's a little off kilter.
The vet will look at him and be able to give you something for it, if its URI.
I am so sorry about your loss....years ago I lost a little cat to FIP, and I felt nervous about having another who might get it. However, this guy sounds pretty ok, but just needs a check up.

All the best!
[notify]

Purred: Sun Feb 27, '11 6:11pm PST 
The vet said hes going to be fine. He gave medicine for his cold and eyes(there not crusty anymore, just red on the outside). He had roundworms(I de-wormed him yesterday) and ringworms on his skin :/. Hes playing and eating alot. He gain almost over a pound.

Im just worried about the roundworms (When I de-wormed my last kitten he gotten really big and thats when I found out he had FIP.) Hes gotten a bit bigger after the deworming shot. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid ://

Thanks for the help big grin
[notify]