GO!

Is it possible for me to grow too fast?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 10:43am PST 
OK, I feel silly now--I got Meowma to show me how many inches 48 is,and yes, I guess it is all-that-big. laugh out loud I'm ust not sure that kitty has matured enoughto have the big huge head and body I'm thinking of. Teddy Bearz, how much do you weigh? I am a standard kitty, but fat...Meowma says if she gets a show kitty it as to be a smaller breed because she cant even hold me for more than a couple of minutes without it making her back hurt, even if she has her feet in a wide stance!
[notify]

Teddy Bearz

I love you. - Will you love me- too?

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 1:15pm PST 
Yes, the tape measurer really puts it in perspective. laugh out loud

I totally agree his face etc are not that big yet. Also, he is a neuter, and will not be developing the male jowls. And I have no clue about his weight. I have been wanting to take him to the pet store. They have a big dog scale there. Teddy Bearz is a VERY slim kitty. When walking, his stomach actually bows inward on the sides. When sitting, he gets all bunched up like an accordian. Or better yet, a slinky toy! laugh out loud

His big gangly feet have been a thorn in his side, his whole life. He slips and slides on every smooth surface. While standing on smooth surfaces, his feet actually slide out sideways like a klutzy puppies. He even "ice skates" on my kitchen floor on purpose. While jumping when he was younger, he used to trip over his feet and then go sailing accross my tables on his tummy fur. He is still accident prone when jumping. But improving. He's my little "puppy cat".

His growth spurt and appetite seemed to have slowed down a bit. Whew! Mommie can relax.... Then last night, he ate a bowl heaped full with food in less than a minute. After I had already given him a whole bowl full of chicken several hours earlier. Same this morning. Here we go again......
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 3:43pm PST 
Ahhhh......... mol, now I know who you are, mol, the show picture gave it away, then I looked at his name again. laugh out loud

What Region ya in, I am in Region 1. wave

So, do you measure along the top, from the nose to the tail, or do you measure along side, dang, where is my measureing tape, mol. laugh out loud

Beautiful beautiful kitten. way to go
[notify]

Teddy Bearz

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 3:56pm PST 
Bumpurr, do I know you? The pic is actually a Petco photog pic. So I am clueless about show regions. I would imagine that you measure on the side.

And I see that you have a redhead too! I love readheads. Very pretty kitty you have there. smile
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 4:13pm PST 
Looked like a show picture to me, mol, look at the MC show pictures, they did a good job at Petco. Saw your video on U Tube too, such a cute cute kitten! way to go

Well, was gonna give you the MC link on CFA, looks like they changed things around, so now gonna have to search for it. laugh out loud

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 4:45pm PST 
I would also assume that you use a hard ruler/ tape, not the cloth sewing type, and that you do not try to follow the body contour-it probably takes at least 3 people, mol.
Teddy Bearz, now I'm confused--are you purebred but had the picture made at Petco? And if so, are you a Tucklebear? They grow some biguns, that cattery was present at one show I've been to at least.
[notify]

Teddy Bearz

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 5:44pm PST 
Yes I am a purebreed. I had my pic taken at Petco one day. It was a bad fur day for me since all my fur was full of static cling. And my tail was all flat vs fluffy. Everyone at Petco thought I was a huge ADULT kitty. laugh out loud No I am not a Tucklebear. Just a Teddy Bearz... laugh out loud

Thanx for the video compliment Bumpurr. My mommie was not shedding me in a good light. But it was all in Xmas fun! Merry Xmas folks!
[notify]

Teddy Bearz

Purred: Sun Mar 13, '11 1:38am PST 
I am now a 10 month old kitten. Check out my new profile picture. You will fall out of your seat. Mommie had to buy me a large doggie stroller. laugh out loud
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Mar 13, '11 11:17am PST 
oh man what a cool cat! DO WANT.

Can I shoot you a paw mail? No I'm not going to ask to buy your cat MOL. I'm going to talk to you about feeding the big guy. I don't think he's getting too big! I'd say you're one lucky guardian to have such a special guy!

This should be the beginning of a very interesting and wonderful! Don't forget wonderful! relationship, you basically have a house tiger there. eek
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sun Mar 13, '11 12:36pm PST 
Sweetie I have news for you. Maine Coons keep growing until they are 5 years old! Those growth spurts will continue. He's gorgeous!!!! I used to grow overnight. Mom would be like "what the heck is happening!" laugh out loud
[notify]

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3