GO!

Teething Kittens!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Mischief/Tro- uble

Sleep, Eat,- Sleep, Eat...Ah- that's life!

Purred: Sun Dec 12, '10 9:01pm PST 
Hey guys.
Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on how to help teething kittens. Trouble is a lot more "chewie" than Mischief but Mischief has teeth coming in too.

TIA
[notify]

Mac's Cat

I am what is- called, a- recycled Cat!

Purred: Fri Dec 17, '10 10:38am PST 
There are some great teething toys made just for kittens. Meowma has seen them at most all the pet stores when she does her Demo's for Nutro. Even if you do not pick them up and chew on them , your Mom can place one in your mouth when you try to nibble on her. Something like this;
http://www.petco.com/product/105010/Petstages-Dental-Health-C hews.aspx?CoreCat=CatSFC_Toys
,this one is for a different problem, but the ones I am thinking about are made by the same company.
Good luck and I hope you find something that stops the chewing on your skin and fingers! Meowma used a Nylabone for dogs.The rubbery one not the white hard one. Please keep us updated as to what you find to help.
[notify]

Mac's Cat

I am what is- called, a- recycled Cat!

Purred: Fri Dec 17, '10 10:50am PST 
Also check out this thread, there are a lot of great suggestions, including the one I gave u above. Oh, the puppy Kong or the ones made for ferrets would also work. Just put a treat inside.
http://www.catster.com/forums/Kitten_and_Kittens_Corner/thr ead/694291
[notify]

Mischief/Tro- uble

Sleep, Eat,- Sleep, Eat...Ah- that's life!

Purred: Fri Dec 17, '10 5:39pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestions Mac!
[notify]

Teddy Bearz

I love you. - Will you love me- too?

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 1:25pm PST 
Watch for redness of the gums too. This is a good time to start gently brushing his teeth. Even using your finger and some enzymatic toothpaste is better than nothing. Since food particles can get in the gumline around sprouting teeth and aggravate matters. Ouch!
[notify]