GO!

Does anyone else miss their cat's kitten-self?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Sat Nov 27, '10 10:58pm PST 
Maybe it's just me... My "kittens" are all grown up now, Church and Roxy are 3 and the younger littermate group are 2 years old now, and whenever I look at their "baby" photos I miss them as kittens! Even though they're still here, I miss how they were as kittens; I look at photos of how cute Church was as a baby and remember how he was, his personality is different now and I miss how he used to be. I miss my litter of kitties and how they used to all pile on me when I went to bed and cuddle and purr... Now that they're adults they don't like to pile together like that anymore.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Fri Dec 31, '10 7:37am PST 
My older feral cat Miss Edith is just over a year and she went missing for about two weeks once. In that time she totally changed and her kitteny self went completely away. She hardly plays anymore, it takes loads of catnip for her to even bat a paw unless my other kittens get her going with their shinnanigans. I really miss her attacking my feet under the covers and even her play biting.
Oh there is an app on my iPad that gets her going too haha it's called Games for Cats.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Dec 31, '10 9:49am PST 
I personally can't wait until Hunter out grows his kitten ways. He runs, jumps and leaps like an antelope in my house! I should of named him Tornado! You'll just be sitting quietly on the couch and all of a sudden, this 11 pound white blur jumps over your head and ends up running sideways onto his cat tree!!! He is absolutely crazy, can't wait until he calms down... if that ever happens. laugh out loud
[notify]

Lola

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!

Purred: Fri Dec 31, '10 6:32pm PST 
Actually, no. I don't particularly care for kittens. I much prefer adult cats, preferably above the age of two or so, when they come into their true personality and become more affectionate. Now, this is a very strange thing for a breeder to say! Of course, I love my kittens, but in a bunch (my biggest litter so far has been seven) they are a lot of work and a LOT of responsibility. Cute and playful, yes. Mindless and often destructive, yes. I'm just getting around to selling Leila's last litter (born a year ago) because it took me a year to figure out their personalities and to socialize them to my satisfaction. (Divinity now likes to sleep on my thigh.) It won't be as easy to sell adults as kittens, and I certainly won't be making any money. And then--next it's Currier's turn!
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Fri Dec 31, '10 6:59pm PST 
It depends on the cat.

I don't miss Boris' kittenish ways... because he's still as much of a mischief maker as he was as a kitten. Moreso, actually, now that he can jump really high (he just cleared a 6 ft bookcase to get to our Christmas decorations and destroy them today... it's typical of him to do stuff like that).

My kitty Gracie, OTOH, matured into a somewhat skittish, if very loving kitty, whereas she was a lot more outgoing as a kitten, and I do miss her antics sometimes. She does make up for it by being a total sweetheart of a kitty when no one is looking and she can get petted without losing her dignity. big laugh
[notify]

Calie- Dreamette- #17

calico girl girl

Purred: Fri Dec 31, '10 7:33pm PST 
Oh yes I do misss the kittne piles and their little baby faces and the way their eyes were when they were little as well as all the antics of kittens, jumping pouncing and hissing at little things that scare them I miss it but it was a lot more work to keep them out of stuff that could hurt them. MOL. We stil have play time and they act a little like kittens but then three of my five are still four months away from being 2 years old.
[notify]

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Sat Jan 1, '11 11:14am PST 
Mine were much more affectionate as kittens than as adults, so that is definitely part of it...
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sun Jan 2, '11 10:26am PST 
This is Delyte. Our person actually misses my healthy adult cat self. From about age one through ten, when I had major surgery, I was such a big strong healthy cat, looked like a little black panther, very affectionate and my person's lap cat. Then in rapid succession the other cat died, and I got very ill and had surgery. Although I recovered from the surgery, she can no longer see me as the big healthy guy I was, and I became an old man to her. Then we got three kittens and I really was the grouchy old man, and then I got hyperthyroid. Now I look like a cat skeleton, with dull dry fur, big cataracts on my eyes, and wanting to sleep most of the time. She is amazed that I have made it this far, but she hates that I am so old.

With the other cats, who are 4 and 3, their kitten selves are still here, mostly. They are big cats now, but they mostly are still up to their kitten tricks, or even worse things they can do now that they are physically larger. We're not sure if it is because they were kittens together and are still together or what. All the other cats she had turned into dignified old cats after about a year, and then got old and decrepit later on. We now have one oldster and three huge kittens!
[notify]

Teddy Bearz

I love you. - Will you love me- too?

Purred: Mon Jan 3, '11 10:15pm PST 
If you get a Maine Coon buddy, you will have a kitten for life. I like to play peek-a-boo a lot! Ice skate on my mommies tile floor. Carry my toys all around the house. I even hop and skip to my food bowl at meal time. My mommie thinks it is funny when I sneak up on my cat friend Cleo (he sleeps next to the water bowl), and splash him in the face with water. Hey I am a fun dude that likes to clown around. wink

Some extra perks? Well, my squeeker is kind of weak, so my meows always sound kitten like no matter how old I am. And I have soft bunny rabbit like fur. My gentileness always makes me seem like an innocent baby. So I get away with a lot. And get super spoiled.
[notify]

Alexis Rose

who needs tv- when you have- cat

Purred: Tue Jan 4, '11 10:37pm PST 
I still act like a kitten in some ways even though i am over 1 years now, i still am very playful. i can play for hours. i run wild though house at high speed and i am very hyper. i am also pretty destructive and crazy. i also love to carry my toys in my mouth. my sisfur nellie is more mellow now when she was a kitten she was pretty hyper too but not anymore.

luv alexis

Edited by author Tue Jan 4, '11 10:41pm PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2